Chapter Twenty Seven

HENRY'S POV

Everything and everywhere hurt but the pain was all worth it. I would do it all over again without thinking twice. Matthew had definitely not expected me to fight him but he should not have insulted Willow in the first place. I had been calm as he ran his mouth about me but the one thing I refused to entertain was him talking schmuck about Willow. Willow deserved respect and Matthew was not capable of that. He didn't even deserve to mention her name or be in her presence.

I lay on the ground feeling as if my whole body was on fire except for the hand Willow was holding. Her being safe was all the assurance that I needed to prove that I'd done the right thing. Playing the police sirens had ended the fight and gotten rid of everyone but she should have let me get a few more punches in. Matthew deserved more than he got but I guess I had to be content that I'd hurt him as much as he hurt me if not more. I'd also broken his stupid nose and that was a win for me.

"Henry I have an idea but you're not going to like it."Willow announced looking down at me.

Even with one of my eyes closing shut, I had to admit that she was still the most beautiful girl to exist.

"What?"I mumbled in a daze.

"You need to ice your body and since I can't carry you to the car, you have to get into the lake, it'll help."She suggested.

I would have burst out laughing but talking hurt so laughing would hurt even more.

"Are you crazy? I'm not getting into that lake. It's freezing, I'll die."I choked out.

"Then get ready because tomorrow you won't be able to move."She countered.

"I'll get hypothermia."I argued.

"No you won't but it's your call. Let's just stay here until you feel well enough to move."She said sitting cross legged next to me.

I was definitely not going to feel any better. The pain was getting worse by the minute but I also knew Willow was not strong enough to get me to the car all on her own. The more I thought about it, the more enticing her lake idea seemed.

"I'll get in under one condition."I bargained.

"What?"

"That you get in with me."I replied without missing a beat.

"I'm not hurt. Why should I get in?"She asked.

"For moral support and also because this is your fault."I answered.

"Excuse me but I didn't ask you to fight your brother for me."Willow yelled and I realized that I'd said the wrong thing.

I didn't want to fight with her especially since if she decided to leave I'd be all alone in the woods with no way to get home.

"I didn't mean it like that. It's just that I told you we should not have come to this party but you insisted."I explained.

"That's still no reason to beat your brother."Willow reasoned.

It was useless fighting with her. I was the one in pain.

"You're right, I'm sorry. Help me up. I'll get into the lake."I requested.

Willow glared at me and I thought she was going to get mad and leave me there but she surprised me by standing up and taking my hands in hers. It took everything in me not to yell out in pain as I stood up. She draped one of my arms over her shoulders as she put the other one on my waist to support my weight. I could smell her hair since I was half leaning on her and she was shorter than me. It smelled of peaches and a little bit of smoke because we were by the fire.