Chapter Three

WILLOW'S POV

Charlie and I slept in on Saturday after our big moving day on Friday. I woke up at around midday to find Charlie in the process of waking up himself. I decided to take a shower first before helping Charlie out so that he would be fully awake by the time I got to him. Getting dressed in a pair of camouflage pink and navy green sweatpants and a matching long sleeved cropped top, I decided I looked presentable enough to face the day.

"Good morning Charlie."I greeted walking into his room.

"Morning Willow."He yawned rubbing his eyes.

"Ready to face the day?"I asked carrying him out of bed and onto his wheelchair before wheeling him to the bathroom.

"Yeah. Can we go to the arcade? You promised we would go."He requested before I shoved a toothbrush into his mouth.

I had no plans of going out especially after just moving in but Charlie rarely asked for anything so it was always hard to say no when he did. It would probably be good for me as I'd get to search for work and get some sight seeing done in the process.

"Sure why not but we need to get you showered first then have lunch as we already slept through breakfast."I answered.

Charlie cheered in celebration toothpaste flying out of his mouth and covering his chest. Good thing I was about to give him a shower. Charlie had already learnt the drill so he needed me less and less everyday. It made me sad because I thought he would always need me but I was also happy for he was growing more independent. I'd once trusted him to take a shower by himself after he insisted. He ended up slipping in the bathroom, hitting his head on the floor and passing out. He got a concussion and three stitches. It took me a while to forgive myself and Charlie has never showered alone after that no matter how much he begged.

After the shower I helped him changed into a pair of shorts and a white T-shirt before styling his hair just how he liked it.

I grabbed all the stuff I would need and put it in a small backpack so I didn't have to walk back to my room after lunch. The house was quiet which meant that my mom and Robert were away but there were a few maids around the house cleaning and going about other duties.

The kitchen was empty so I made my way to the fridge to find us something to eat. There was some left over spaghetti and mushrooms which I heated up in the oven then served it in two bowls for us to enjoy. A glass of apple juice each complimented the food perfectly.

"So bud do you want me to be packing you lunch like in your previous school or would you like to eat at the school cafeteria?"I asked during the meal.

"Packed please, I read a few of the students comments about their cafeteria food and it was nothing good."He replied.

"When did you have time to look the new school up and find its students?"I inquired amazed at how fast the kid worked.

"As soon as I heard I was going there."He replied making me smile.

"Is it wheelchair friendly?"I asked knowing how important that was to him.

"Yes there's two more kids in that school with disabilities but one uses clutches and the other one a smart wheelchair. They are both in higher grades than me though."He informed me.

Charlie could be quite resourceful when you put him in front of a screen.

"That's good but remember anytime a kid gives you a hard time, you tell me and I'll handle it okay?"I asked.

Kids could be mean and Charlie had been bullied before for his disability. I always stepped in though so there was a seven year old kid somewhere with a crooked nose and another with a broken pinkie toe. I didn't tolerate bullies.