Chapter Eleven

WILLOW'S POV

Friday rolled around pretty quick which was good as I had been looking forward to the weekend. Jack and I would be working on cleaning the arcade and making sure the old unused games were presentable enough for sale. I already had good offers on most of the games but the bid was still on so I was waiting for the best offers before I asked Jack to conclude the sale.

I was walking back from the library after lunch when I heard the unmistakable voice of Matthew around the corner of the hallway I was on. I had been avoiding him all week and I wasn't about to ruin a good streak so I turned around so as to avoid running into him. I didn't get very far when I recognized the person he was talking to or more like shouting at as none other than his twin Matthias. I stopped when the shouting got louder and I heard a body being slammed against the wall and my name being mentioned amidst their screaming match. I turned around and approached them trying to be as quiet as possible. I stopped just around the corner and peeked to see what they were doing.

Matthew had Matthias pinned against the wall, one arm on his neck and the other on his stomach. I knew the brothers had bad blood but to fight in school was taking it too far. Matthew looked stronger than Matthias but it didn't mean the nerd looked helpless. It was more like he just wanted his brother to leave him alone already.

"I fucking warned you to stay away from her, now I see you two all chummy around school. Why can't you just listen to me for once in your miserable life?"Matthew yelled shoving his brother harder against the wall.

Matthias winced but didn't react any further. Why was he allowing his twin to harass him like that?

I put two and two together and realized that I was the she in question as Matthias didn't really associate with anyone else around the school, not that I knew of anyway. Matthew didn't own me and I wasn't getting chummy with Matthias or anyone to begin with. Ever since Matthias and I had the talk to be civil around each other, I said hello to him at school whenever we ran into each other. He always acknowledged me with a nod or just a simple hello. It's not like I made out with him during lunch or at the back of the library.

"I swear to God Matthias if I see you anywhere near her again I will....." Matthew threatened and I just had to step in before he took it too far.

"Will what?!"I asked stepping away from my hiding spot so they could both seem me.

Matthew immediately let go off his brother, straightening his clothes as he tried to look all innocent. Matthias didn't even move but his eyes were on me probably anticipating my every move.

"Hi Willow, didn't see you there."Matthew chuckled nervously.

"Of course not, otherwise you wouldn't be threatening your brother to stay away from me. What gave you the right anyway? I'm not yours, I don't belong to anyone but me."I said taking slow careful steps towards them.

"It's nothing like that, you see...." Matthew cut in trying to defend himself.

I got close enough for us to be standing toe to toe so that I was looking up at him. He looked a little bit scared and he had every reason to be because if there was one thing I hated it was bullies. They were among the worst scum of people on earth.

"No you listen here Matthew jackass dickhead or whatever your name is, I don't care about whatever feud you two brothers had before I came into the picture, that was between the both of you. What I care about is when you hurt and bully someone in my name. I am not yours Matthew and never will be. I'd rather eat my own shit and wash it down with my pee than date a bully like you. I don't like you and never will , so you will turn around right now and walk away or else I will say you tried to force yourself on me. It might not be true but it will ruin your reputation and we both know you care a great deal about that."I warned feeling myself get angry the more he stood in my presence.