36

I heard noises, wild noises that sounded as though hundreds of bullets were being shot the moment I stepped inside Ian's house. I could feel my trembling feet as I took slow and steady steps towards the living room.

"Oww.." I rubbed my forehead that stung from the something hard that smashed against my head.

"Why the fuck are you ambling in like a bloody thief?"

"And what fuck are you doing in Ian's house?"

"Miss, your forgetting that I am his mate and I have all the right to be here,"

"Of course, you would prefer playing fucking video games than bidding me goodbye, isn't it Blaze?"

He resumed his game not bothering to give me an answer, "Where is he?" I asked coming to the point.

"Where is who?"

"You know who I am talking about, where's Ian?" I asked taking small and unstable steps towards the floating staircase.

"So you care about him?" There was irritation and accusation in his voice.

I whirl towards him, "Blaze, please answer me, the clocks ticking." Despite trying hard to sound strong, my voice quivered and my eyes were hot.

He threw the controller away and strode towards, "I saw a spark in Ian's dead eyes after all these, and I know you were the light behind it and now that you'll be gone I have to see the life draining out of his life." I slump on the nearby bar chair.

"Stop it, Blaze, please,"

"As a friend, I supported you, but let me tell you, Ian doesn't deserve this, you don't deserve this. We still have some time in hand before it's too late."

"It is too late to step back now," I clutch my t-shirt glaring at the silky back and white rug.

I was forced to look upwards as Baze cupped my cheek, "What does he mean to you?"

I close my eyes, Ian's eyes, his smell, his touch his voice, the way he calls me Raine, everything invaded my sense, I felt like he was right next to me, I could feel him.

However, what I heard next forced me to come back to my sense.

I heard Lilly's voice.

He's everything to me, he runs through every inch of me, he is an inseparable part of me. The one who healed me and the one who rules my heart now.

This was the answer that my heart gave me.

I swallowed hard, blinking back, and shoved his hands.

"I want you to do me a favor,"

"You want me to hand that painting to him after you leave."

He took a step forward and hugged me tightly, "Do me a favor take care of yourself and that little beast," I nod against his chest, he pulled me back and once again cupped my cheek
"That bastard has locked himself up to his farmhouse, maybe the only one he may let in. Go"

I nodded and hugged him again.

"I love you, Blaze."

"I love you too, Bri"

I twirled around grabbing my bag and headed out beginning my journey, my joinery to reach him.

I hit the keys of my phone hurriedly booking a cab, the farmhouse is about forty-five minutes away from here. As I impatiently wait outside for the cab to arrive when a Cherokee stops before me.