17

"Mr. Longwood, it's not what you think!"

He pulled me towards him in a way that I was completely pressed against his chest, he was invading my personal space as his hot breath was hitting my cheeks, and his intoxicating cologne made the ground underneath me wobble. I had to place my hand on his chiseled chest for support, "It's not what I think, then tell me what should I think? You were fucking probing my assistant's office, and it's still not what I think?" He bursts out tightening his hold, my eyes were welling up.

Don't cry, don't cry.

"Tell me, Miss. Ashton, who sent you? Who do you work for? You have sixty seconds to explain yourself."

I try to swallow the water in my eyes that was ready to flood out anytime while taking in a deep breath. I spilled everything and he was listening quietly, I squirm under his intense look.

Mustering up the courage I peek at him after explaining everything, but the expression on his face was enough to tell me that he wasn't convinced.

"Do you have any idea what you were getting yourself into? Or if anybody else would have caught you with what you were doing?" He yelled and clasped my chin tilting it in a way that I was looking upwards on my right side.

"There's a fucking camera, you could have been behind bars, and your career could have been destroyed for all I know." He exclaimed, his anger was totally justifiable.

"I'm-I'm sorry I should have informed you." I apologized shamefully.

"You're sorry wouldn't change what you've done, you had countless opportunities to inform me, but you didn't, now face the consequences." He mumbled while picking up his phone which I'm assuming is to call the security.

Panic washed over me, making my breathing heavy, and I was feeling claustrophobic, this six-foot giant is the only one who can save me.

"Sir, please, I didn't have any unhealthy intention, believe me, I was going to inform you." I was strived to convince him pleading with my eyes.

We were distracted by the clicking of heels and his assistant walks in, "Sorry, I'm la-" She stopped mid-track when she caught us.

"Out." He barked making her flinch and she obliged to his order immediately.

"Please, believe me." I choked out a sob and his expression softened a bit bringing in some amount of relief in me. To my surprise, he pulled out a handkerchief wiping my tears away.

"You believe me?" I ask him with hope blooming inside.

"No," He said monotonously, I bit my lower lip while nodding my head in agreement.

"I assure you that your identity wouldn't be revealed, but you have to go through the legal proceeding." He released me from his hold and walked out.

I fall on the nearby chair burring my face with my palms.

What have I got myself into!

***

It's been two weeks since that awful incident occurred, and I had to go through the legal proceedings giving in my statement as to what exactly happened.

Lilly, Emily, Austin, and Kennedy were disappointed and kept lecturing me about how dumb I was, but it was a decision that I took at the heat of the moment.

True to his words he never let my name be revealed. His assistant was found guilty and has been incarcerated as well as blacklisted.

She confessed that she was leaking out information, and used two Pendrive with the same color, one for professional use and the other one for stealing data. Her call records, travel history, and bank account records were retrieved and examined as well.