20

That evening in the middle of the party, I got a message from Gia saying that Kiara was abducted.

I immediately rushed towards the NGO along with Lilly who left everything to be with me.

Apparently, Gia took Kiara with her to a nearby chapel and she was standing next to her, but when she turned back after lighting the candle she wasn't there anymore.

I was furious, raging with anger, how could she be so reckless, she's just a two-year-old kid, but then I calmed myself, I couldn't change what happened.

We searched for her in every possible place, when we couldn't find her, we filed a missing report.

I felt so helpless, so vulnerable.

All I could do was fall on the floor and cry my heart out. I lay on the cold floor with her clothes beside me in taking her scent, tracing my fingers on her picture, and all the drawing she drew, replayed her videos over and over.

My heart was aching without knowing if they even bothered to feed her, give her enough water, is she sleeping or crying for me.

Lilly and Blaze used their connections to find her, but who so ever took her planned everything perfectly without leaving any loophole and had hacked the CCTV camera within a five-kilometer radius.

I was furious with myself that I ignored the threat letter that I received, uncontrollable, and relentless guilt was eating me alive.

But in spite of the madness in me, and around me, I tried to focus, to find anything that might lead us to her. Then it struck me, I saw her wearing the bracelet that Liam gifted her. He once told me that it had a tracking system in it.

I informed the authorities about the same and they immediately started their work. It was then when two men knocked at our door holding heavy electronic gadgets, they informed me that Mr. Longwood hired them, they were the world's best hackers. They worked alongside others and I didn't stop them.

They obtained information regarding the bracelet from Liam, after which they were able to track her after several hours and she was rescued after a day they found her location.

What confused all of us was, the doctors confirmed that she was as healthy as she was when they took her, no signs of abuse.

The message was clear, who so ever did this, Kiara wasn't their target, it was me. They used her to hurt me, they targeted my weakness to see me in pain, to suffer every minute, to witness hell, here on earth.

But, I won't let his happen again, I will not let anyone hurt my daughter.

***

I glanced at the clock it was time for me to leave the office, so I quickly picked the drive and documents and made my way out of my cabin and walked towards his.

I remember how he helped us to find Kiara by hiring the words best hackers from the other side of the world in such a short period of time. It was unnecessary for him to do, but yet, he did.

Why?

I have no idea.

After everything settled down, Gia told me that he had contacted her, as I disappeared without prior information for almost a week and that she had explained everything to him.

All the hatred I had towards him vanished into thin air and is now replaced by profound respect.

Pushing off all the thoughts, I knocked at his door and entered in when I heard a faint 'come in.'