19

Flinging my bag away, I slumped on the couch. It was yet another stressful day, but thanks to the heavens he permitted me to leave early. The house was quieter than usual as Emily was out of the country to visit her family.

I shut my eyes enjoying this solemnity, the only noise that I could hear was the ticking of the clock.

After getting the required dose of rest, I made my way towards the kitchen and made myself a cup of steaming coffee. I sip my coffee, sitting crossed leg while scrolling through my Instagram.

A quick thought flickered through and searched for Ian's name on the search bar.

I spent half an hour stalking every profile with his name but couldn't find his. So, I came to the conclusion that he doesn't have one.

How boring, I should try at least once to persuade him.

I had to attend a charity event hosted by Lilly's father to celebrate their success on the recent project, though I didn't want to attend, I have to, Lilly will skin me alive if I didn't.

Walking inside my room I took a warm relaxing shower. I blow-dried my hair and straighten it, I kept my make up simple, and natural.

I got into my sleeved cocktail gown adorned with bespoke metallic embroidery and paired it with Jimmy Choo stilettos.

Giving myself one last glance, I walkout picking my clutch.

Hailing a cab, I made myself comfortable inside, the weather was dark and cold outside bringing serenity inside me.

I roll the window down allowing the air that was good as ice to caress my face, inhaling deeply with my eyes closed.

My peace was disturbed when I felt my phone vibrating vigorously, letting out a low groan I swipe, "Hel-"

"Where the fuck are you?" Lilly's voice boomed from the other side.

"Calm down, will you? I'm on my way, and you better be there to escort me inside." Saying this I cut the call without waiting for her reply.

I was standing amidst luxury cars at the VIP parking section waiting for Lilly while glancing at all the elite class of people entering the venue.

My breathing becomes ragged with nervousness building inside me, the last party I attended was a tragedy, and I don't feel anything promising today as well.

My thoughts were disturbed when I heard the screeching of the tiers, whipping around I find a Santorini black Jaguar XJ standing a few meters away.

The door was opened revealing the man himself, Ian Longwood, he gives his bodyguard Jacob a nod while buttoning up his jacket.

He was dressed in a midnight blue tuxedo by Dolce and Gabbana, that I picked up yesterday after spending opulently, his hair was gelled back faultlessly with a diamond-studded cufflink.

To say he looked hot would be an understatement and an insult to him, words wouldn't do justice to describe him.

Today was the first time I actually took time to notice his physical traits, with chiseled jaws, perfect nose, thick brows, ocean blue eyes, adam apple, and a dimple that can make any woman fall on her knees.

Damn, he is a gorgeous beast.

Yet my heart yearns for someone else.

I'm sure girls are going to have a tough time preventing themselves from jumping on him.

He made his way towards me, and stops a few feet away, the smell of his Cologne swirls around me along with the smell that the cold wind carried.

I shook my head dismissing all the thoughts away and open my mouth to wish him, "Evening, sir." I say giving a light smile.