38

First love

No matter how many times we fall or how true our forever love is, it can never replace our first love.

Everything was going in fine but now it looks like it can never be because Liam was one who was before me.

The one who I gave my heart to and had it crushed brutally is right here, seated next to his fiance to get his wedding planned from his former lover.

I push back all the memories that were too eager to spill out and moved towards them.

"Ashley," I put my hand forward, my voice came out a little ruder than I expected.

I took a moment to look into his emerald eyes, they looked very tired, he took my hand softly that for a second gave me chills taking me back to the time when he used to hold me softly just like now.

"Liam Roberts," His voice brought me back from my trance, I pull my hand back hastily.

"This is Eloise, my fiance."

"Hello, Ashely, so we finally meet again." Standing before me is definitely not the woman who once stole my man, feels weird to my man but the truth is that he once was mine.

She looked weak and petite, her skin was pale loosely hanging on her bones, a white tube was poked into her wrist and her eyes had no life in them, I looked at Liam who had his hand around her supporting her.

"Well, now that everyone is here, shall we begin?" Ender broke the awkwardness that surrounded the room.

"Yes, of course," I blurt out, taking a seat farther away from them.

"So Roberts and Miss Marshall we would first like to know what do you guys have in your mind," Ender began the secession and I prepared to take notes for my reference.

"Darling," I heard him whisper after which came a faint voice of Eloise, a part of me was really sad looking at her like this but the other part didn't care.

She wanted a very simple and peaceful wedding unlike what I expected. The discussion went on for another hour and we showed them different samples, explaining everything.

I was eager to get out before anyone else, so I directly walked out to the backyard for some fresh air.

I took a few deep breaths, "Uff," I fan my face, "that was awkward,"

"It wasn't that awkward as your imagining it to be, calm the fuck down." Came mocking voice from behind.

I knew who it was.

I gave a fake sweet smile, rolling my eyes. "Well, well, we could have avoided this if my ex-boyfriend didn't turn out with his sick fiancee," I mock in return walking away.

"Wait,"

I turn around, folding my hands, "what?"

"This wedding is very crucial for all of us, this is the first time she's asked me for something and it's her last as well," He paused.

"She wishes to leave this world as my wife, and everything must be just the way she likes."  He said taking a few steps, I know him and what he was trying to do, to intimidate me, scare me.

To be honest, he did look a little intimidating. But his attitude opened my lava doors.

"Oh wow, I'm so scared," I furrow my browse, pouting.

"Did you really think that you could intimidate me?" I said taking a step closer.

I just snort in reply, "Failed attempt, better luck next tim--" I paused tapping his shoulder. "Ahhaa..never,"