18

It's been a couple of weeks since I started working as his assistant, and my life is already hell.

Running behind him the entire day, my tolerance reached to it's fullest potential, as I have to bear with his snappy behavior all day.

I completely blame Lilly for putting me into this situation, as she was the one who was persistent in convincing me to work for the Longwood's.

Letting out a soft breath, I dismissed all the thoughts away, as it was time for Mr. Longwood to arrive.

I made my way towards the pantry to make his coffee.

I would have never thought in a million years that a day will come when I will be making his coffee. I let out a chuckle shaking my head.

Life is such a bitch, isn't it?

Taking his schedule along with his coffee, I knock at his door.

"Come in Miss. Ashton," He answers in a cranky tone, as he knew it was me who's asking permission.

I got my cue that he's vexed and never to mess with him today, it's difficult to handle him some times.

"Good Morning, Mr.Longwood." I greet him, and placed his coffee, but doesn't bother to reply.

Hell, he wasn't even looking at me.

"Do you want me to read out your schedule?" He nods in reply while moving his fingers gracefully on the keyboard.

"You have a meeting with Mr. Nguyễn at 10.00 am, then with Mr. Blaze Gonzalez, a lunch meeting with Mrs. Longwood."

Your stepmother, I wanted to say but decided otherwise.

I informed him about a few more meetings that he has to attend and he dismissed me,

I started assembling all the documents, and presentations required for the meeting, after which I arranged the conference room with refreshments and printouts.

We were done with our first meeting for the day, and both of us made our way towards his car.

I realized it's the same Bugatti Veyron he lied about it belonging to his friend.

"How charitable of his friend that he's lending his car today as well," I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes.

From my peripheral view, I could see him lifting his head up from his laptop screen giving me a deadly glare, I instantly avert my gaze outside, deluding he's wasn't seated next to me.

I tried my best to stop the smirk that was cropping up on lips, to stop rejoicing earning a response from him. But sadly, I couldn't.

Soon we reached our destination, his bodyguard dressed in pure black opens the door for him, and we walked towards the giant skyscraper made of glass, Mr. Gonzalez's assistant was present to escort us inside.

A look of yearning passed through everyone's face staring at him, making me feel special as work with him all day. I deliberately scooted closer to him, adding ember to their flame.

I glanced at him only to find him smirking, at my childish behavior, I cringe in embarrassment with a sly smile.

We entered the conference room and Mr. Gonzalez, as in my dear friend Blaze, and Emily's sweetheart stood up and made his way towards us.

They greeted each other in a friendly manner which was surprising.

Blaze swallowed me into his giant body in a bone-crushing hug, "So you finally decided to meet me, Bri?" He asked, bluffing to be irked.