24

"Sure, I'll get back to you once I get Mr. Longwood's confirmation. Thank you." I placed the phone back grinning ear to ear.

Looks like destiny had already planned something to spoil their romantic date. I swirl leisurely leaning on my chair imagining how would Miss. Martin would react.

Picking up everything, I leave my cabin carefully balancing them.

I knock at his door with great difficulty and enter in pushing the door open by my shoulder.

"Phew," Realising a heavy breath I placed everything on his table.

"Good morning, sir." I wish him and he passes me a nod picking up one of the files.

I divided the files into three sections. "So these are the files that you need to approve, these are the reports that you asked for and they contain the details of people who came to visit you, here's the presentation."

"Very well Miss. Ashton, now bring me a cup of coffee." He says without glancing at me.

"Oh, and I received a call from Mr. Bryant Black's assistant," I told him that Mr. Black requested his meeting to be preponed that was supposed to happen tomorrow as he will leaving for Seattle due to his personal reasons and he wants to meet Ian before he leaves.

He remains silent for a few seconds leaning against his chair.

Come on Mr. Longwood. Please say yes. I mentally chant.

"Fine, go ahead and fix the meeting." He said, going back to the file. It took every ounce of self not to pump my fist in the air.

I turn around on my heels to make his coffee happily. I walked towards my cabin after giving him his coffee.

I pushed the door open with my thoughts wandering around here and there randomly. With great difficulty, I restart my work.

The clock was ticking painfully slow.

Finally, it was my lunchtime. I pick up my bag after fixing my earring that was constantly falling out of its place and walk out to meet Austin and ken.

I tap my foot waiting for the elevator door to open following the number. The door finally slides open but I wasn't able to step in as a familiar voice stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" I swirl around to face him frowning with confusion.

"To take my break, Mr. Longwood," I answer back exhausted. He starts walking towards me.

"Get back to work, you're aren't
going anywhere."

"What? Why?" He can't deprive me of my rights and order around.

In reply, he brings his hand towards my face, and I pull my back due to his sudden action.

But it doesn't stop him from what he was doing. He continues to bring his hands closer to my ear.

I can feel his warm yet rough finger on my earlobe as he fixed the earring for me before retrieving his hands.

"You dared to lie to me and thought that I'll let it slip that easily?" His voice was low and luscious that makes him look all the more fierce than he already was sending chills.

"Mr. Longwood, I'm extremely sorry about that, I won't repeat. Now can I take my break?" I reply giving him a smile as sweet as honey.

"No." Was the only word that came out of his mouth before he walked inside the elevator with a smug look on the handsome face of his.

The rude bastard is here. I hate you, Ian. I curse under my breath walking back.

But that doesn't stop me from gulping a couple of cups of coffee.