26

It's been three days, three awful days since that incident took place which never left my mind.

All I could do was think about his hurtful words, how easily Ian blamed me for something I wasn't responsible for.

And Madison on the other hand is making my life a living hell, I am tired of dealing with her never-ending tantrums, rude comments, and her disgusted look.

And that's exactly what happened three days ago, she took all the responsibilities upon her self relating to the annual meeting. I made sure to keep an eye on her, yet things went out of my hands.

He snapped in front of everyone and asked me to leave the conference room without showing any mercy.

"Ugh, my head is bursting." I clutch my hair in frustration lifting my head from the table.

I decided to take a coffee break, which would probably help me to bring myself out of my self-pity.

Closing the laptop, I glare at the reports that I should submit to him and I don't wanna face him as I've been avoiding him lately.

"I'll decide what to do with you when I come back," I mumbled glaring at the files while pointing a finger at them.

Pushing the door open I took a few steps but stopped when something caught my attention.

I blinked multiple times to ensure I wasn't hallucinating, my name was written on the golden plate in black ink, with my designation written below it.

Ashley Ashton

I run my hand over them feeling every letter smiling at them admiringly. My smile soon turned into a scowl as his hurtful words echoed.

If he thinks that he can bribe me with this, he is so wrong.

I turned around my heels towards the pantry to make my coffee.

"Huh, where's the coffee machine?" I stroll through searching for it but couldn't find one.

When I asked the person who maintains this room, he gave me the news that Ian ordered him to remove the coffee maker.

What the hell is wrong with him? At first, he hurts me, then he tries to bribe me and now he took the only thing that keeps me sane, my coffee.

I walk towards his cabin that I've avoided stepping into and knocked harder than necessary.

"Come in, Miss. Ashton." He says like he was awaiting.

"Why did you remove my coffee machine," I asked trudging towards him.

He lifts his head up, "What's that tone your using Miss. Ashton?" His eyes were glowing under the refection of the sun while his tone was telling that he wasn't offended giving me a certain level of conviction to wait for his answer without replying to his question.

He broke his gaze away and pulled out some papers pushing it towards me.

"Fax them, Miss. Ashton." Was the only word that came out.

"But, my coffee?"

"Fax them, will you?" He groaned impatiently.

I walk towards him picking up the files, and turn around to leave.

"Stop."

"What now, sir." I asked letting my shoulder loose with a scowl.

"Use the one towards your right side." He said motioning towards the device.

"Thank you, but I have one in my cabin and that would do the job," I say hoping that he'll let me go because I did not know how to use them, I can call Lilly or Austin or Emily to help me in my cabin.