30

"Hmm," I glanced at the canvas that is now ornated with a variety of colors portraying my imagination. I stopped painting after nana's dismiss, and this is the first time after all these years that I've picked the painting brush in my hand.

"Ugg! something is missing." I pinched the bridge of my nose slightly disappointed with the outcome.

I was so absorbed in painting that I lost the track of time.

Glancing at the wristwatch, I waddle inside to bake my special truffle cake for the backyard barbecue party that's going to happen on the occasion of Mr. and Mrs. Longwood's anniversary. It's the least I could do for them.

I met them a few hours ago, and I never expected them to be so warm and welcoming. My impressions about Mrs. Longwood reversed completely, I was expecting an evil stepmother with evil intention.

Eh, that's so cliché of me.

But she was beautiful inside out, I loved the little time we spent together, she spoke about her favorite books, Yoga, and many other things.

The unoccupied house was now gradually filling with their dearest ones.

"Hey!" A voice chimed followed by the clicking of heels, I was received by Lyra and a few other friends of Bianca.

"Why do you all seem so excited?" I asked rubbing my palms to prevent the water droplets dripping from my paint-smeared hand.

"We went for flower hunting to gather wild chrysanthemums and we filled his room with it. Do you think he would be impressed?" They squealed, I gaped at them.

What the fuck.

A single or a couple of flowers would have done an excellent job in annoying him, but a room full of flowers is definitely a very bad idea.

God knows what he'll do when he gets to know that I was one who planted this idea in their mind. On the other hand, guilt starts seeping in for lying.

"Please forgive me, you guys, I actu-" I swallowed my words with wide eyes when Ian's face reflected on the golden hexagon-shaped mirror that covered the walls of the hallway.

As always he gives a surprise entry.

"Of course, I liked it. After all, it was my assistant's idea." Said, Ian shooting daggers at me. To others, he might sound realistic but I know better not to believe him.

"I'll see you'll later," I grumble mixed with a little bit of nervous laughter, and walked away as fast as my legs could carry me so that I can escape through the door inside the kitchen that leads to the backyard.

I slide the glass door and walked out keeping my ears open to know if he was coming for me or not.

"Ah!" I screamed clenching my eyes when I was pulled back by him draping his hands around my waist veering me around, I clutch onto his caramel-colored sweatshirt, It took a few moments to compose myself whereas he was smirking.

"Never-ever run away from me," He whispered, and my breath gets caught in my throat.

An unexpected disruption in the atmosphere compelled us to look up at the blue sky.

Hundreds of tiny blue birds swiveled around us fluttering their wings, their hawking, whistling, and gurgling echoed was refreshing and filled my heart with joy.

We stared at the tiny blue jays as a few of them settled on the ground next to us and a few others on the branches. This made us temporarily overlooked the actual reason as to why we were here.