Chapter 5 - Family Reunion

Angelina's POV

A few weeks later I went back to London. The others went to visit their families if various parts of the UK. I'm starting school in 2 weeks and I'm terrified, but that's besides the point.

It was currently 8 in the morning. I decided to go and play some hockey at the local ice rink. I took a shower and picked out some clothes.

I put my shoes on. I put some pucks, my gloves and my skates in my bag. I grabbed a hockey stick and I was out the door.

There was a warm breeze which I didn't expect. The route that I took was through the park next to my house. The park was quiet, all I could hear was the water from the little stream a couple of meters way from me.

I got to the ice rink and pushed the door open. I waved to the lady at the front desk and she smiled. I was a regular here so she always just let me in. I walked to the door leading to the locker rooms and went inside. I sat down on the benches and started to put my skates on.

I put my gloves on, took out the pucks and walked towards the door with my stick. I entered and was shocked at what I saw. It was a very familiar figure skater.
"Well, well. If it isn't the famous Gabriella Sparks." I voiced.
She turned around immediately and her jaw dropped.

"Angelina!" She yelled before skating over to me and wrapper her arms around me, nearly knocking me over.
After a minute or so we pulled away.
"I've missed you little sis." She said.
"I've missed you too." I replied.

"How have you been? I'm sorry I haven't been calling recently I-" she began.
"Listen I know you've been busy. It's okay, at least we're together now." I dropped my puck on the ice and started skating around, my sister skated next to me.

"Are you and the team exited for the new hockey season?" She asked.
"The team split apart. And I'm going back to the ultimate shit hole." I grumbled, shooting a puck into the net aggressively.
"You're going back to Eden Hall? Ange why would you do that?"

"Because." I shot another puck in. "It opens up more opportunities for my hockey career. Going to a preppy school with a great reputation in hockey looks amazing on a college application."
"So you'll have to see The Du-" she said.
"Don't say the name please. I've been dreading it for weeks, more than ever before." I mumbled.

"So you're going alone?" She asked.
"No offence but you really aren't helping me right now." I snapped. She went silent, and I realised how rude I just acted. "Sorry. Didn't mean to bite your head off. I'm just under a lot of stress." I apologised and she nodded. I started skating to the goal to get all the pucks. She skated next to me.

"Allie, Ezra and Alex are coming with me this time." I explained.
"So you won't be alone, it will be fine."
"Gab that's not what I'm worried about. Going back alone is not the problem-."

"Seeing them is, seeing him is." She finished my sentence.
"Yeah." I sighed.

We began to skate around the rink slowly as we talked.
"Little sis, I know you're going to feel nervous, but when you get it over and done with you'll feel like a big weight was lifted off your shoulders."
I stayed silent. She placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Listen to me. I don't like seeing you like this. When you walk into that school you walk in like a bad bitch because that's what you are. We don't let stupid boys bring us down. You walk in like bad ass and show the rest of that school who's boss." She voiced. A smile started forming on my face.

She smiled back before continuing. "Come on, we're part of the Sparks family, a family filled with bad ass women. Don't let anyone bring you down like that, ever."

"How are you so good at giving advice?" I laughed.
"I guess our parents passed that on." She said. "And you know that I'm always here for you and I will always put you before anything else in this world."
"And I would do the same for you Gab."
She pulled me into a hug and we stood there for a few seconds.

"And if you have any problems in that school call me and I'll get our whole family involved." She added before pulling away from our hug. I laughed.
"I definitely will." I paused. "I have to tell you something." I said, pretending to be serious. She furrowed her eyebrows, clearly concerned.

I smirked. "Tag! You're it!" I yelled before skating away.
"Oh you're on!" I heard her yell from somewhere behind me.
Our laughter filled the rink. We continued to mess around for a couple of hours.

~

We walked out of the rink.
"I have an idea!" My sister sang. "Come over to aunt Nina's! I'm staying at her house. She hasn't seen you in so long and will be so happy to see you!"
"Sounds good! Let's go!" I immediately replied. I haven't seen my extended family in so long and today was a great day to do so.

We reached her car. We put our stuff in the back seat and we set off. As we were driving we decided to have a Queen jam out, like we always do when we're together. We were pretending that we were doing a live concert in her car, and it was the most fun thing ever.

~

We got to aunt Nina's mansion. We got out the car and got to the front door.
"Now let's surprise her." Gab said before opening the front door. "I'm home!" She yelled.
"Gabriella, sweetheart we're in the kitchen!" I heard my aunt yell.
I was a bit confused because she said 'we', I thought it was just going to be my aunt.

I followed Gabriella into the kitchen.
"I have a surprise." My sister announced before nodding for me to come in. The moment I stepped foot into the kitchen everyone stood up and rushed over too me.
"ANGELINA!" They all exclaimed.

What my sister failed to tell me was that the whole of my mum's side of the family would be here. I was extremely happy to see them nevertheless. They all embraced me and kissed my cheeks.

We spent the rest of the night celebrating and catching up. Gabriella did end up telling them about how I got cheated on, by accident. The whole family went crazy. They all started yelling that they will murder anyone that hurts me and my grandma even started grabbing pans as she spoke. To answer your question, yes, they are all extremely overprotective.

We blasted music, we sang, we laughed, we danced and we most certainly ate until we were all full. This was the most happy I've been in a while, seeing my family was definitely what I needed.

I stayed with my family for the rest of summer, and all the parties we had were unbelievable, but amazing.

---------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 5! I literally adore Ange's family. Hope you enjoyed!
-author