Chapter 10 - A Surprise

Angelina's POV

I finished all my homework that my crazy teachers set on the first day. I was so exhausted. Allie left the house and said she had to do something, and not gonna lie, she was acting pretty suspicious. The boys went to their rooms the moment we arrived back home and announced that they were going to sleep.

I got up from my desk and left my room. I walked over to Ezra's room and knocked on the door. There was no response. I opened the door slightly and saw that he was fast asleep. I went to check on Alex and he was doing the exact same thing.

It was currently 7:00 pm, the sun was setting and Allie still wasn't back. I was extremely bored. I soon realised that I needed my skates sharpened. I ran up the stairs to my room and grabbed my rollerblades, and the bag with my ice skates in it.

I put them on and left the house, shutting the door behind me. I began to skate. As I was skating I could see the sun setting, it was beautiful. The rays of the tranquil sun shone on my skin. Watching the sun set was always one of my favourite things, but sadly I didn't have enough time to sit down and watch it these days.

~

I stopped skating and stood in front of the shop, Hans' Sport Shop. I was a bit surprised that they kept the name. I decided to skate round to the back door. As I approached the door, I saw Jan in there, sharpening skates. I pushed the door open.

"Angelina." He said, not turning around.
"How did you know?" I asked in surprise.
"You used to come here at this time of night all the time." He said, finally turning around to face me. He had a big smile on his face. I walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"Only 3 people can open a door like that, you-"
"Me, Charlie and Coach Bombay." I finished his sentence. We both chuckled.
"Go sharpen those. I'll make tea." He pointed at my skates before walking away.

~

I was rollerblading around the shop until I reached the famous 'Wall of the Past'. There were new articles and photos added to it. I glanced over to a, what seemed to be, new polished brown frame. Inside was a article about me.

The title was 'The Hothead Wins Again' and the picture was of me being held up by the team, with a huge trophy in hand. That day was when we won the Teen World Hockey League.
"Never lost a game in that competition, at all." Jan pointed out.
I laughed to myself. "That was a good day."

"You've had many days like that." Jan said, making me turn to him. I gave him a confused look. He pointed at another picture frame. I went over to it. This one was from ages ago. It was when we, The Ducks, became state champs in freshmen year.
I sighed. "That was a good day."
"Do you remember this day?" Jan asked.

He handed me a picture. I looked at it. It was when we beat Varsity. That day, not only did I break Rick Riley's nose, but that was also the day my relationship with him began. I placed the photo down and skated away, knowing that if I looked at it any longer I would break down.

I felt Jan put his hands on my shoulders making me turn to face him.
"I know it hurts little one, but everything will get better, I promise you that." He spoke calmly. I nodded.
"I should get home. It was nice seeing you Jan. I'll drop by soon." I announced. I grabbed my sharpened skates and said my goodbye. I then left the shop.

~

I took the same route back and eventually arrived home. I unlocked the door, stepped in, and immediately put my bag down to take my rollerblades off. As I took them off, I heard the unusual sound of... barking. I was extremely confused.

I got up and walked towards the living room, that was where the noise was coming from. I entered and saw something I never expected to see in this house any time soon. Allie turned her attention to me, and so did the boys.
"Surprise!" She cheered.
Allie had brought home a puppy.