Chapter 41 - No Trust

Angelina's POV

It has been around 2 weeks since the whole Bell situation, and I have barely seen him. But when I did, he would turn around and walk in the other direction. That was all because I had at least 3 of the boys walk me to every single class. They all refused to let me walk alone anywhere, or any of the other girls for that matter.

I was currently in history. Our teacher announced that we will be doing yet another group project. "I'm going to put you into pairs. These pairs are based on who you've worked well with in the past."

After his comment, I sort of knew who I would be put with. I mean, this was the teacher that I had in freshman year. 

"Right. Your partners." He went through various names. "Connie and Guy." 

Our whole friend group went silent. The two didn't dare to look at each other. Even though we all made up ages ago, the two didn't start talking to each other again. Connie didn't even want to look him in the eye anymore. Every time Guy would try and start a conversation with her, she'd blow him off. I did understand where she was coming from to an extent. He did break up with her for a stupid cheerleader.

"Adam and Angelina."

Adam and I looked at each other for a quick moment before turning back to the teacher. Him and I have had a very interesting two weeks. He and I were constantly arguing, mainly because I wanted to walk by myself to class, or go out by myself on the weekends.  But there were also times where we didn't argue at all.

~

Adam's POV

The bell rang and it was now officially the end of the school day. I got up and looked around the class and saw that Sparks had already left. I gathered my stuff and left the classroom. I saw her walking away so I caught up to her. 

"I told you that you can't walk around on your own."
"And I told you I don't take orders from you." She snapped. "Is that why you came here? To tell me off? I'm not a child Banks."

"As a matter of fact I didn't. I came to ask you about the project." I said. "Yours or mine?"
"Mine. Tomorrow at 6." She didn't say anything else. She just walked away from me and went up to the girls. 

~

Charlie's POV 

The girls decided to go shopping while the boy and I have some bro time at mine. I looked around at everyone until my eyes landed on Banks. He looked deep in thought. "Banksie." I spoke. He looked at me. "What's up?"

"It's nothing." He tried to shut the conversation down.
"Banks its not 'nothing'." Dean said while patting his back. "Talk to us man." 
Banks let out a sigh. "There's this girl."

All of us moved closer to him, intrigued to hear what he was going to say.
"And I've realised I still care about her. But we don't get along, like at all."
We were all beginning to catch on.
"And I'm scared that she doesn't care about me."

"And is this girl on the team?" Luis had a smirk on his face like the rest of us.
Adam nodded. 
"You still care about Ange?" Russ asked. 
Banks didn't answer. 
"Right?" Ezra questioned.

"Fine. I do!" Adam threw his hands in the air in pure annoyance. "Is that what you wanted to hear?"
"That's exactly what we wanted to hear." I voiced.
"So this is why you're so protective over her?" Kenny asked him. Banks nodded again.

"But I don't know if she cares for me at all." He shrugged.
"Oh, I wonder why." Averman laughed. Alex nudged him lightly, signalling him to shut up.
"Leave it to us." I spoke, all the boys nodded in agreement.

~ (the next day)

Julie's POV

Charlie told us about the conversation the boys had with Banks last night. It really did surprise us. Charlie told us to ask Ange about it. The boys went to their lockers while the girls and I sat on a bench in the quad, which Banks wasn't happy about. But the boy dragged him along with them.

"How are you feeling about the project with Guy, Con?" Ange asked.
She shrugged. "I'm not really fond of the idea." She then asked her the same question. "How are you feeling about the project with Banks?"

She shrugged too before looking down at her lap. "I don't know how to feel about it." She looked back at us. "I don't know how to feel about doing it with him." Then there was a silence between us.

"We need to ask you something." I said. Ange looked at me.
"How do you feel about Banks?" Allie questioned.
"I don't know." Angelina buried her face in her hands.
I placed an arm around her. "Talk to us."

She looked up at us once again. "I just don't know if I can trust him again." She started playing with her sleeve. "I mean, how can I be sure he still cares about me. He isn't the Banks I used to know."

She then got up and started walking towards the building. We couldn't blame her. Our poor friend did get cheated on after all. She was so heart broken, and we're pretty sure she still is now. We got up and began to walk too. This might just make things more difficult.

When we got to class my eyes went straight to Charlie, who happened to be looking at me too. I shook my head, and he understood what I meant. I then made my way to my seat.

~

"So she doesn't trust him, like at all?" Charlie asked as we walked to our next class.
"Charlie you can't blame her." I argued. "We need to find a way for her to trust Banks again."

"I know. But it's going to be difficult. They're both so stubborn." Charlie noted.
"Agreed."
"What are you two talking about?" Ange approached us from behind.

"Nothing. Just the history project." Charlie said. And there was some truth in that. We actually did get put together for the project. Allie then joined our walk to our next class. While she was talking to Ange, I glanced over to Charlie.
"Smooth one Conway."

---------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 41! Hope you enjoyed!
-author