Chapter 28 - The Rope

Angelina's POV

We officially had a week and a half left until we face the Hawks once more and let's just say, we had a lot of work to do. I could feel the team becoming more and more nervous as time was slowly running out. One of our main problems was that we still weren't a very united team. We didn't have good communication and we genuinely didn't all get along.

Some of my teammates didn't even have the intention of making up, which made things quite difficult. The only people that I don't really get along with were Fulton, Riley, Cole, Charlie and Banks for obvious reasons.

I was currently home alone. I was in my bedroom sitting as I tapped my pen on my desk. Orion asked Charlie and I to think of possible game strategies. I needed Charlie but I didn't know how I would be able to get him to help because he literally doesn't even look me in the eyes. But when he does, on the rare occasion, all you can see in his eyes is pure hatred.

On top of that, if I could make up strategies, I need to make them based on how the Hawks play. That way we would be able to outsmart them.
Maybe Jan has tapes of the Hawks. I thought. I should go check.
I got up and grabbed my rollerblades and went downstairs, but I soon realised I was on pyjamas and I needed to change. I can back upstairs and chose an outfit.

Outfit:

I went downstairs and put my rollerblades on

I went downstairs and put my rollerblades on. I grabbed my keys and left the house. I skated as fast as I could to Jan. He was obviously at the shop. I reached the shop soon after. I let out breath of air. "Well that was a work out."

I skated to the back door and looked through the window. Jan wasn't there.
I pushed the door open. There was an eerie silence in the shop.
"Jan?" There was no answer.
"Jan?"
He popped out from behind a pillar. "Boo!"
"AHHHH!" He began to laugh at my reaction.

"That was not funny! I nearly had a heart attack!"
He laughed again and I couldn't help but laugh along too.
"I assume you're here for tapes."
"Indeed. Do you have any of the-"
"I do have tapes of the Hawks. You can have them."
"Thank you."

He opened a cabinet and I took all the tapes that had 'The Hawks' written on them in a bag.
"Those are the most recent ones from this season. Even your game against them is there."
I nodded. He opened his mouth to speak but then stopped himself. He looked like he noticed something.

"Dont be nervous about the game little one." He finally said.
"How did you know I was?"
"I've known you since you were born little one." He said.
"The Hawks play dirty. I saw them when they played against the team weeks ago. Not only do they play dirty but you can tell they have skill."
"What makes you think that you don't?"

I looked up at him.
"Don't lose your confidence. The team and you are in a good place. I know Orion is pushing you, so I'm sure you guys are going to win."
"We'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the tapes Jan. I'll come by tomorrow."
"Bye little one."