Chapter 33 - Winner Takes It All

Angelina's POV

Shootouts. This is where things could go really well or really shit.
"I'm shitting myself." Guy stated.
"What if we don't win?" Cole asked.
"How many times do I have to say that its not about the win Cole? Its alright." Coach said.
"I mean, look. We've made it this far. We caught up with the Hawks. It's just this final push." I reassured.

Everyone nodded. We then looked at the goal and the Hawks had their first shooter ready.
"Let's go Julie!" We all cheered for her as she skated to the goal. The ref placed the puck on the ice and the Hawk made his way to Julie. He scored.

1-0

~

"Who's up first Coach?" Ken asked.
"Jesse. Let's go." Coach spoke immediately.
We cheered for him as he hopped out the box.

He skated to the middle. The ref placed the puck down before giving Jesse a nod. Jesse skated around the puck a few times before kicking the puck with his skate, making his way to the goal. He took a shot. He scored!

1-1

~

The Hawks scored. 2-1

~

The Coach sent out Riley for the next one. He was doing fine but the Hawk goalie saved it.

2-1

~

The Hawks went again. McGill was up. He skated to the goal and took a shot, and scored.
"Shit." I whispered to myself.

3-1

~

"Who's next?" Guy asked.
"Conway. Let's go." Coach ordered.
"Lets go Charlie!"
"Come on Charlie!"
Before he left the box he looked at me.
"You can do this Spazaway." I smiled
He gave me a smile back before jumping out the box.

When the ref put the puck down he kicked it with his skate and began to skate to the goal. He began his Triple Deke.
"Come on. Come on." We all muttered. He took a shot and scored! We all stood up in excitement, cheering for him.

3-2.

~

Larson was next. He got the puck and skated to Julie. He took a shot but Julie saved it.

3-2

~

"Banks!" Coach called.
He stood up and we all cheered for him as he left the box.
He stood in the middle of the rink, and rubbed his collarbone before looking back at us. His eyes wandered before meeting mine. I gave him a reassuring smile.

He nodded to himself before kicking the puck with his skate. He skated towards the goal. Come on Adam. He scored! I stood up immediately and started cheering for him.

3-3

~

Fanger was the last shooter for the Hawks. He got the puck and he skated to the goal. He stopped a meter or two away from the goal before shooting. Big mistake. Julie caught it in an instant.
We stood up and started jumping with joy.

3-3

~

"One more person." Luis said.
"Who's it gonna be Coach?" Charlie asked.
Coach looked at us all individually, before stopping at me.
"Are you sure Coach?" I asked, nervously.
He smiled. "Go get 'em Captain."
Cheered erupted around me.

"Lets go Hothead!"
"Come on Ange!"
"You can do this!"
I received a few pats on the back as I made my way to the door. I finally made eye contact with Banks at the end, who gave me a smile before I left the box. I skated to the middle. The ref placed the puck down and gave me a nod. "Good luck." He said before skating away.