Chapter 45 - Screwed Up

Angelina's POV

I woke up in Adam's arms the next morning. He was still fast asleep. I rested my head on his chest, while his strong arms were around my waist, holding me close to him. I noticed that I had one of Adam's shirts on, which made me smile.

I began to play with his hair.
"That feels good." He spoke in his raspy morning voice. I jumped.
"You prick! You scared me!" He then opened his eyes and started laughing at me.

I went to get up but he pulled me back. "No."
I laughed. "We need to get up eventually."
"I don't care." He buried his head in the crook of my neck.
"Adammmm. Come on!"
"Fineeeee." He let out a groan before sitting up.

As I got out of his bed, I noticed him looking at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?"
"Oh nothing." He smiled to himself, which was adorable to me. He got up and walked over to me. "Get dressed. I'll make breakfast." He kissed my forehead and put on a pair of sweats before leaving the room.

I took shower before going back into his room. I picked up my clothes that were on the floor and put them on. I realised that my sweatshirt was downstairs so I kept Adam's shirt on. I made my way out of his room and into the kitchen. The smell of fresh waffles hit me.
"You didn't have too."

There were two plates on the counter, a stack of waffles on each.
"I thought it'd be a good idea." He smiled.
I sat down next to him on the counter and began to eat my waffles.
"So why did you come last night anyway?" He asked after he swallowed a mouthful. "Not that I'm  complaining."

My heart jumped into my throat and my palms began to sweat. Just tell him, it won't be that bad.
"I came... to see you. To check on you because you weren't at my house with the rest of the team." I lied.
He nodded, believing my story.
Damn it.

~

Banks drove me home after breakfast. When I got home I found out the whole team spent the night at mine. They were all still asleep when I came back. I offered for Adam to stay with me but he said he needed to do some stuff before his parents got back from their business trip later on in the day.

So I decided to just sit down and finish homework that I had left to do. At one point, the girls came to check on me, while the boys were still asleep.
"You okay Ange?" Julie asked. I nodded. "How was it?"
"How was what?"

"How was it with Banks? How did he react?" Connie asked.
"I didn't tell him." I said, making them all groan.
I then went on to tell them about the alley way situation with McGill, Larson and Fanger.
"I cleaned him up and he cleaned me up. And then..."

"And then what?" Allie asked impatiently.
"We...  you know."
No words came out of them, just a bunch of loud squealing.

~ (the next day)

The next day, the girls and I went to our lockers and then headed back to the quad to meet the rest of our friends. When we reached them, I noticed Banks was missing, and that all of them looked really worried or angry.

"Whats up with you?" Allie asked all of them.
"You might not want to see this." Dwayne spoke.
"What are you guys talking about?" I pushed past all of them and looked in the same direction as them. I felt my eyes widen. I was currently looking at Adam Banks flirting with another girl.

The girl was giggling, and laughing at everything he was saying. I soon felt Allie, Connie, and Julie push through to see for themselves. They were as shocked as me.
"Right, I'm done with this bitch." Allie then made her way to Banks, and no one bothered stopping her.

She shooed the girl away before slapping Banks across the face. All of us gasped. Ezra then made his way to her, pulling her back, knowing that she would punch him next.
"What is wrong with you?" She yelled at him. "What happened to 'I still care about Ange' ?!?!"

"Allie listen-" As Banks went to speak, he saw the team all standing there, watching him. His eyes then found mine. "Ange-"
I scoffed. "Save it." I walked away from the group. I walked as fast as I could, until I reached the girls bathroom.

I pushed the door open and went towards the sink. I leaned over it, as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I'm not gonna cry. I won't. I looked down and my right ring finger. The day I decided to put the promise ring he gave me back on, he hurts me again.

I heard the door open, and as expected, the girls rushed in. They didn't ask me if I was okay, they just hugged me. We stood there in silence for a moment.

"And to think, I actually believed that he liked me." I shook my head. "I'm so stupid."
"You aren't stupid bae." Connie spoke softly. "It's his fault."
"You're amazing, and that boy out there is the stupid one." Julie added.

Allie looked pissed, and wasn't speaking.
"Did she punch him?" I asked.
"No." Julie replied.
"Alex did though." Connie mentioned.
"Which he fully deserved." Allie grumbled. "He doesn't deserve you Ange."

"Now let's walk out there and show him what he just missed." Connie encouraged. I smiled, before Julie led the way out. When we walked out, we saw Banks standing outside.

Adam's POV

"Ange please hear me out-"
She ignored me and walked past me.
"Do you want to get slapped again?" Connie asked me. I shook my head, while backing up.
"Then I suggest you leave her alone." Connie followed Ange. Allie then walked past me too, and Julie was left.

"You messed up Banks. Big time." She stated, with a glare.
"Julie-"
"You might of just lost her permanently." She glared. "Great going." She spoke with pure sarcasm. She then walked away with the rest of the girls. And I screwed everything up. I thought. I definitely screwed up everything up.

---------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 45! Hope you enjoyed!
-author