Chapter 40 - Promise

Angelina's POV

I was currently at my locker the very next day. I was getting my textbook for maths while Allie, Ezra and Alex waited for the others at our usual place. I shut my locker and went to leave. Then I saw someone lean their arm on the locker right in front of me. "What the fuck do you want now Bell?"

"You and your little friends were at my house last night." He spoke sternly. "Being quite nosy."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lied. "But I didn't need to go to your house to know exactly what you were up to. And with who for that matter."

I went to walk away but he grabbed me and didn't let go. His grip was rough, and angry. Even when Banks was angry with me and did this he was more gentle. I didn't like the way Bell's touch made me feel. It made me feel uncomfortable, and just disgusting in my own skin. 

"You're right. I was with a girl. I was with Grace, and we're dating now."
I chuckled. "You two deserve each other." I glared. I tried to push him away but that only made him more angry. He slammed my body back into the lockers.

His hand moved to my bruised side, making me wince. My side hadn't been healing at all, it felt like it was only getting worse.
"I didn't say I was done with you." He whispered, but the angry tone in his voice was still present. "I don't like this attitude towards me." 

I went to snap back at him but I didn't say anything, because my body froze. I could feel his cold hand drop from my side, and down to my thigh and stay there. I felt my body instantly become tense. "Apologize."

"For what exactly?" I hissed at him.
"For disrespecting me, many times."
"No." I growled.
I kneed him in the crotch. Once his body had lowered because of the pain, I kneed him one more time but in the face.

He fell to the ground with a loud groan. When I took my first step away he grabbed my ankle and dug his nails into it, making me wince. I had to ignore the sharp pain. I used my other foot, which was free, and stepped on his hand. He let out a short scream and let go of my ankle.

He stayed on the floor and I took the opportunity to run. I grabbed my bags and headed straight to the set of doors leading to the quad. I ran out and my friends spotted me. I then slowed down my pace from a run to a speed walk, not wanting them to ask why I was running.

I reached them and saw that someone had finally returned. "Well look who's back." I said, trying to turn the attention of my teammates to something else other than my panicked expression that I still had on my face.

"Hello to you too Sparks." He nodded.
Guy looked at his watch. "Come on guys, we're gonna be late to class!"
Everyone let out a small chuckle at Guy's comment before following him.

I stayed behind for a moment, and looked down at my ankle. It was bleeding.
"You okay?" I turned and saw Banks waiting there.
I nodded. "Perfectly fine." I muttered before walking of and leaving him behind.

~ (a few days later)

Connie's POV

It had been a couple of days since Banks had returned from his suspension, and things were now back to normal. He had broken up with Grace and seemed to be much happier. But there was something that was different. Ange.

She had been really quiet recently, and really tense too. She barely spoke to any of us, including Allie, Ezra and Alex. We soon caught on that something must've happened to make her act this way.

I invited the whole team over to mine, in hopes that she would come too and we could maybe ask her about it, but she didn't show up. Allie said she stayed home because she said she had loads of homework.