Chapter 23 - Return

Angelina's POV

It was currently lunch the next day. Alex and I figured it's the best time to go at lunch. Everyone was sitting down, eating and talking, the usual. Alex and I nodded at eachother and I got up.
"Where are you going?" Julie asked

"I just need to get something from the car." I lied. "Besides, its nearly the end of lunch anyway so i'll see you guys in class or after school." I announced.
I picked up my bags and walked away before they could say anything.
I walked down to Orion's office, where I hoped he would be spending his lunch break.

I reached the door. I took a deep breath. I've been avoiding him since the beginning of the school year for this very reason. I didn't want him to ask me to join the team again. But now look at me going to ask him if I can. I knocked on the door.
"Come in!" I heard him yell from the inside.

I walked in. Orion looked absolutely gobsmacked. "Sparks."
"Is this a good time? I came to talk to you."
"Well go ahead. Take a seat." He gestured to one of the chairs infront of his desk. I sat down.
I took a deep breath once more. "I wanted to talk to you about the team."

He didn't say anything, he just nodded for me to continue.
"I heard that you have roster slots open. I heard that you needed someone flexible that can play any position. I wanted to come and ask you if there's any chance I can..." I paused.

"Join the team." I finished. Orion looked surprised again.
"Well..." He started.
I stayed quiet, waiting for his response. I felt my hands beginning to sweat.
"I don't see a problem with you joining the team again."
A big smile grew on my face. There was no way he actually agreed.

"It would be an honour to have you back on the team." Orion said.
"And it would be an honour to play for you again." I replied.
"Is there any chance you can start today? We have practice after school. If not you can start tomorrow." Orion said.
"I can come today." I informed
"Great! I'll be seeing you at practice!"

~

Allie and Ezra had track after school, and Alex went to watch their practice. I put all my hockey gear in the back of the car in the morning, knowing that I would hopefully be joining the team for practice after school today.

I got my hockey gear and my stick and walked back into the building. I reached the locker room and opened the door. There I saw everybody's stuff already there, but the team was no where to be found. I assumed that they already started practice.

I walked to a free space and saw my jersey hung up with a note on it.
It said 'let's give them all a little surprise. - Orion'. I looked at my very own Ducks jersey and saw my number, '28' of course. But I also saw something unexpected, a 'C'. Looking at the jersey brought back so many old memories.

I got ready and tied my skates. I grabbed my hockey stick and made my way to the rink. I walked in but hid in a place where I wasn't visible.
"Alright! Take a knee, that's warm ups done!" Orion yelled and the team obeyed. "Now before we start practice I want to remind you that we have a game on Friday against the Cardinals" The team nodded.

"But not only that." They all looked up at him in confusion. "I have a little surprise for you all." Orion said. That's when I came out my hiding spot and pushed the door to the ice open.
"No way!!!!" Connie and Julie yelled. That's when the rest of the team looked in my direction.
"I'm back bitches!!!!" I howled.

"ANGE!!!!" Connie and her half yelled before skating to me.
They all jumped on top of me, hugging me tightly. After a few moments they pulled away.
"Wait. Am I dreaming or are you actually wearing a Duck jersey again?" Kenny said, rubbing his eyes repeatedly.
"I'm back Ken. For real." I smiled.