Chapter 22 - Slots Open

Angelina's POV

We were walking out of the library at the end of study hall.
"See you in Spanish Ange." Lucas waved.
"Bye Luke! See you!" I waved back. I turned away. The moment I did I saw Julie, Connie and Allie approaching. I told them to meet me infront of the library so we can walk to lunch together.

"Hello girls." I greeted.
"Hello there." Allie smiled.
"Shall we?" Connie asked.
"We shall." Julie replied and we began to walk to the cafeteria.

~

"How was practice this morning?" Allie asked.
"Depressing." Julie answered.
"Everyone was really disappointed from the game last Friday."
"There's nothing to be disappointed about Jules. They played unfairly, and as a result you all got hurt." I stated.
"Ange was ready to jump into the fucking game and start a fight." Allie noted.

"How did Orion handle the loss?" I asked
"He was furious. Not at us though. He was mainly pissed at the ref. They let most of the shit the Hawks did slide. But the moment we even touched one of their players, even in the slightest, we would get put in the box." Connie clarified.
"Dont miss out the fact that he looked like he was going to kill Reilly." Julie added.

"I don't blame him." Allie said.
We grabbed all our lunches and made our way to the table where all the boys were.
"Well all of you took your sweet time." Ezra said.
"Foreman do you want this fork in your eye?" I growled. He stuck his tongue out at me, then received a big slap on his head by Allie. Alex was laughing the whole time.

We sat down. We began to talk again when I saw the other half of the team walk in. One specfic member caught my eye. Banks. He had his left arm in a sling, and his right wrist was in a cast.
"So Banks is out?" I questioned. Everyone turned their attention to me. They looked at Banks then back at me.
"Yeah. Coach had to bench him." Kenny spoke.

"It was no surprise really. That whole game, all the Hawks were gunning for him." Dean added.
"Are there any other people injured?" Alex asked.
"No. We're just all really sore." Averman admitted. Everyone nodded in agreement. "We'll be fine though."

Allie clapped her hands together. "Anyways. On a happier note. Ezra and I have some news."
Mine and Alex's head shot up. We glanced at each other and smirked. We turned back to them.
"So after careful consideration we thought it would be a good idea too..." Ezra followed.
"Join the track team!" Allie announced.

Alex and I sighed in frustration. We looked at each other. I gave him the look that meant 'damn it'.
"That's great guys!" Connie smiled.
"You'll be with Linda."
"Yeah! She suggested for us to join. They had two free spaces." Ezra explained.
"That's sound fun!" Julie said.

"You know. Now that we." Allie pointed at her and Ezra. "Have joined the track team. Why don't you two do something." Allie looked straight at us.
"Maybe join a club or something. I heard that there's chess club after school today. Why don't you two go and check it out?"

I grabbed my apple and threw it at her. It hit her nose. The whole table started laughing. "Ow! Ange you bitch!"
I laughed. "Oh, I'm much more evil than that, Knight."
She threw the apple back, aiming it at my face. I caught it before it had the chance to hit me. Allie stared at me in shock.

"Dont mess with the girl with the fast reflexes." Alex joked.
Everyone on the table started laughing. I shoved Alex playfully before taking a bite out of the apple.

~

I was currently walking to Spanish, and I was late, but only because I needed to go to my locker. I was walking down one of the halls when I heard voices. I took a turn but immediately stumbled back afterwards and hid. Orion and the Dean were standing in the middle of the hall right infront of the Dean's office.

Their voices echoed through the hallway.
"Look Dean, I'm in a very bad position. One of my players is severely injured and we don't know when he'll fully recover. And I have 2 more roster slots open. I never even had a full team to begin the season. Is there anything you can do?" Orion questioned.
"Coach I'm sorry, there isn't much I can do." The Dean apologised.

Orion stayed quiet.
"Ted. I'm sure Adam will heal quickly. But I don't think there's anyone that I can find to fill those roster slots."
"I need at least one person on the team that is flexible and can play any position." Orion informed.

"I'm sorry Ted. I don't think there's anyone willing to fill those slots or capable enough to fill those requirements." The Dean spoke. "Unfortunately you have to stick with what you've got for now."
I saw the Dean give Orion a pat on the shoulder and then entered his office again. Then Orion walked away too.

I then resumed my walk to Spanish, as I was already ten minutes late. I tried to forget what I just heard.

~

It was now Tuesday evening and I was currently in my room doing homework... well procrastinating doing my homework more like. I sat there tapping my pencil in the beat of my music playing in the background. I was replaying the conversation that I listened in on earlier today. I then thought of an idea. An idea that I would've never imagined myself having before today.

Could this work? Ange, this is a crazy idea. What if it doesn't work out?
I shook my head, ignoring the thoughts I just had. If you want to do this go ahead. Nothing is stopping you.
I dropped my pencil on my desk before getting up. I switched my record player off and practically sprinted to Alex's room.

I just went inside straight away.
"Oi! I could've been naked." Alex yelled.
"Like I care." I rolled my eyes I said as I shut the door. I then looked up and saw him shirtless. "Ew. Put a shirt on."
He smirked. "Sure you don't like the view?"
"What view? The view of the animal standing infront of me? Absolutely not."

He chuckled. I looked around a saw a shirt on the floor. I threw it to him and he put it on. He then jumped on his bed.
"What do you need?" He asked.
"I have an idea. It's a crazy idea. And I'm not sure if you're gonna like it."
"Spill the beans Hothead."

I began to explain my idea to him. As I was explaining, I received the raised eyebrow look from Alex. After I finished he looked completely shocked.
There was a silence, a painful silence as I waited for an answer from him.
"Are you sure? After all you've been through with them you want to go back?"

"Dalton, I won't be alone. I have Connie and the others." I said, sitting on his desk chair, and still looking at him.
He let out a big sigh. "If you want to. Go ahead."
I looked at him, absolutely stunned.
"Wait. Really?" I asked. He nodded slowly.
A smile grew on my face and Alex mirrored my smile.
"And you show them how you play really hockey." Alex noted.

---------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 22! Hope you enjoyed!
-author