just a fuck

t a e h y u n g ;

When I returned to Hoseok's room, it was empty. All the commotion from my friends was gone. There on the hospital bed, laid an awake but very deathly looking Hoseok.

"Hey." He mutters. I give him a small smile as I walk closer and sit down next to him on the twin size hospital mattress.

"You okay?" I ask. It feels awkward between the two of us, but that's to be expected I suppose.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Doctor says the passing out was because of my blood sugar." We finally make eye contact. His eyes weren't puffy, but they were exhausted. I can't tell what made him flip out last night, but whatever it was, I knew it was horrible.

"Or it could have been because your bones were practically sticking out of your hand." He smiles when I say this. It was well known that Hoseok had type 2 diabetes, passed down through generations of his family, so it does make sense that he would've passed out because he didn't take his insulin or something like that.

We sit in silence for a few minutes, but it's not an awkward silence, it's more calm.

"Where did the guys go?" I ask after our short break.

"To eat, I think." Hoseok makes eye contact again. "Where did you go?"

The guilt has begun to overtake me. What kind of friend am I to leave him in a hospital to get some weak ass dick?

I avoid the question, "Were they here when you woke up?"

Hoseok nods. "Yeah everyone was here except you and Yoo-" Hoseok's words stop in his tracks as he looks up towards the open door that leads to his room.

The one and only Min Yoongi was standing at the door, silently, trying to not receive any attention, but that had obviously failed.

"Hey Seok," Yoongi starts but Hoseok cuts him off quickly.

"Please leave." Hoseok says quietly under his breath.

"I just wanted to say I was sorry." Yoongi says quickly, stuttering with each word.

"I know," Hoseok has such a fire in his eyes. What the hell went down with these two? "Now please leave."

Yoongi makes a prolonged eye contact with Hoseok, his eyes beginning to fill with tears, but Hoseok was having none of it. His stone cold stare was all Yoongi was met with. Yoongi nods slowly and walks out of the room, leaving Hoseok and I to ourselves once again.

"Should I be asking what happened there?" I ask.

"No." He answers, plain and simple.

I hum in response. "He came in high earlier, before you woke up. Seokjin made him get out." I say. I know he didn't want anything to do with Yoongi at the moment, though for what reason I guess I'll never know, but I thought I'd be nice and catch him up best I could.

Hoseok's head rolls back against his pillow and he looks towards the ceiling. "Yoongi and I have been fucking."

My eyes widen. "I'm sorry, what?"

I mean, I had always had suspicions, but for the whole mind-blowing thought to be true?

Hoseok just nodded to my disbelief.

Holy fucking shit.

"I, I don't know what to say." I say, and it's honestly true. What the hell is someone even supposed to say in a situation like this?

"You don't have to say anything." Hoseok shrugs it off like it's nothing, like I just didn't find out that my besties had been fucking. More than once!

I mean, in our group of six, we've all been passed around like toys. We sleep with pretty much whoever, but we've never fucked each other consistently.

"Does that have something to do with your little," I couldn't find the right word, "Outburst today?"

I mentally slap the shit out of me. Outburst?? How much more disrespectful could I get?

"Yeah. Told him I had feelings while fucking, and he just kind left me hung and dry. I thought we had a thing, but I guess I was just a fuck to him." Hoseok says. He didn't seem to have much emotion in his words, as if he were completely desensitized to the whole situation.

"Sorry." Is all I could bring myself to say.

Hoseok shrugs, "What else can you expect with men?"