ii. elegance in violence

◦ ❖ ◦

◦ ❖ ◦

"All I'll ever know is life up on a throne
I don't do the middle or a little."

◦ ❖ ◦

When Tomi was close enough to the ring, she waved her hand at the host who was still looking among the crowd eagerly, waiting for someone to volunteer. The host caught the sight of her who was trying to tell him something but was overpowered by the volume of the crowd.

"What? The washroom? It's that way, sweetie—"

"No! I said I will fight!" Tomi shouted back.

"Wait— folks, please- shhh shhh," GD said to the mic and the whole crowd went silent. "What was that again?"

"I said... I will fight him." Tomi once again declared.

GD just stared at Tomi, completely speechless. He was afraid that he had heard the girl wrong.

"Go home, kid!" Someone from the crowd booed, and a lot of them followed.

"Look, kid—"

GD gasped and was stunned by Tomi who put down her backpack and got up to the ring with a handstand. Then she landed in front of Jinyoung, giving him a salute, before finally getting into her fighting stance.

"O-kay..." GD said into the mic. "Ready..." he held his arm up in the air, standing in between Tomi and Jinyoung. Still wasn't sure if he should start the "Fight!" He said as he brought his hand down in a slicing motion, before getting out of the circular ring.

"Is Jinyoung really going to fight that kid?"

Wooyoung was nervous for Tomi. He kept hearing people around him whispering either because they were concerned for her, or were mocking her.

He watched intently as his bestfriend began to move. Her moves were slick and quick. He always loved watching her fight. But at this moment, he was scared for her. Jinyoung would be the very first challenging opponent that she got to face. Even she sounded like she was nervous earlier. He couldn't understand why she desperately wanted to fight Jinyoung right then.

Wooyoung first met Tomi at the cat cafe that she was currently working at, a few years back. He often visited the cafe with his friends after school, then finally became friends with her after several visits. He then learned that she was homeschooled so that would make him her the very first friend that she's made outside of her workplace. Then they started to hang out at the cat cafe all the time.