v. welcome to nps

◦ ❖ ◦

◦ ❖ ◦

"Oh, the misery. Everybody wants
to be my enemy."

◦ ❖ ◦

Tomi has never gone to a real school her entire life, so she was thrilled to go to her first class that morning. The dorm buildings were then filled by the students. More students than she'd expected, making her nervous.

Not wanting to look like a total newbie, she left the school's floor plan and navigated based on her memory. She finally reached the main building after passing the traditional garden. The students in the hallways had the same nametags as hers, but they were different in colors and materials.

She spotted five colors, but hadn't passed anyone like her mother's color, which was golden. All she spotted were wooden like hers, a lot of them. Bunch of bronze, some blue like Juyeon's, very few silver tags, and only a couple of reds. She still hadn't known what they meant yet, but she suspected it has something to do with either the clubs or ranks.

When she reached the next floor and was happy to see the number 2's, she finally spotted her class, 2-2. In front of her class, a group of three guys, who looked older, caught her attention.

"Are you the scholarship girl?"

Tomi caught one of them said.

The girl that they blocked answered no, and they let her go. Then they stopped another girl with a wooden name tag like Tomi. Asking her if she was the scholarship girl.

Is this what Song Yuqi meant? What do they want from her? Are they gonna beat her up?

Tomi hesitated to proceed to her classroom. She never asked for attention like this, not on her first day.

"Where is she? I thought Hao said she was going to be in 2-1." The other guy on the left said.

The guy then caught Tomi's gaze in a distance but she quickly looked away. She turned around and walked in the opposite direction.

"Hey— hey! Wait!"

Tomi heard one of the guys called her.

Was she really going to be beaten up on her first day of school?

Tomi pushed everyone out of her way but there were just too many of them. She got stuck at the end of the hallway, and just hoped they'd lost her. Then she felt a tight grip on her wrist.

"You're the scholarship girl, aren't you?"

Tomi let a silent sigh before turning around to pull back her arm. "What do you want?" She glared at them.

She read his name tag. Silver. K Mingyu.

A whole crowd of students was also circling around them, she had nowhere to escape.