xiv. the red fist

◦ ❖ ◦

◦ ❖ ◦

"When your hand finds the hand
it was meant to hold.
Don't let go.
Someone comes into your world
Suddenly your world
has changed forever."

◦ ❖ ◦

"What do you mean we can't go to the hospital??"

The three of them, including Choi San, ran to the main street to look for a taxi. Wooyoung helped Tomi to carry San, and still waiting for Tomi to respond.

"Because— I don't know! He said we can't!" Tomi said in frustration as she scanned around for any cab.

Wooyoung finally got a taxi to stop and they rushed in immediately. San sitting between the two friends, leaning to Tomi, and could barely move.

Wooyoung told the driver her flat's address. "Tomi, how 'bout you?" He checked at his friend frantically. "Are you hurt?" His voice cracked.

What happened in the alley was like a fever dream to him. He still couldn't believe that his best friend single-handedly knocked the four big men down. Sure they weren't much of a match for her skills, and he'd seen her fight before, but something was different. Something he couldn't explain. It might be because she improved a lot.

Or maybe it's just him.

"I'm fine." She answered as he held San.

"We seriously need to get him to the ER," he cringed at San next to him.

"No! We can't!"

"Tomi! Look at him!" he hissed.

"Yes, I see him, Wooyoung! For all I know he might be dead because he isn't moving!"

He gasped in realization, "do you really think he's..." Then took a glance at the stranger next to him, who had his face soaked with sweat and stained with blood, leaning on his best friend.

"Of course not!!"

"Is everything okay, back there, Ma'am?"

Wooyoung then tried convincing the driver that they got everything under control. While Tomi checked for San's breathing under his nose, and his pulse on his neck.

"We can't get him to the hospital because they will ask why he's in this state— we just can't, okay?"

"Yeah???" Wooyoung scowled. "And how are you planning to take care of..." He tried to think of a word, "that." His hands gestured to San.

"Just trust me, Woo."

"And what was that all about??" Wooyoung shot her a look. "If you know me then you know what we Kazama are capable of?"