xvi. bloodline rebellion

◦ ❖ ◦

◦ ❖ ◦

"I'm gonna set the world
on fire, dreams come alive
when I lose my mind.
Look in my eyes
you can see desire.
Truth in a world
that's full of lies."

◦ ❖ ◦

"What do you know about Lee Taeyong??"

Was the first thing Tomi heard as soon as she closed the heavy door of the Lee style dojo. It made her jolt forward in shock and her forehead met the wooden frame.

"How on earth did you get in here?" Tomi nudged her forehead while slowly turning around to face Yuqi, slipping the dojo key back into her bag.

"What do you know about him??" Yuqi kept demanding.

"No seriously how did you get in here the doors were locked—"

"He is going to be a council member starting from tomorrow."

What Yuta had said the other day about Juyeon was already occupying her entire mind for the whole day, and she thought she'd have a breather training by herself in the dojo. Looks like the universe had other plans.

"I— I don't u-understand—" Tomi was speechless as she did not see that coming.

"Exactly," Yuqi quickly responded. "So, what do you know about him? Like do you know if he stays in the dorms?"

"I—"

"How about family? Which Lee clan he is associated with? Where is he from? Who does he hang out with? Is he from Seoul?"

"Calm down, Yuqi-ah," Tomi held up her hands against Yuqi to stop her from dumping bunch of questions. "I actually don't know anything about him."

"But you guys are in the—"

"The same club. I know." Tomi finished Yuqi's sentence for her. "Look, the guy barely talks. And if he does, he criticizes you like a little b—" Tomi caught Yuqi giving her looks and stopped. "But I promise you, I don't know anything. I don't think anyone does. I've never even seen him outside the dojo."

"He must be one of them."

"One of who?"

"The Mishima— Nakamoto. He must be connected to the family... or the zaibatsu somehow. But what are they planning? Why Lee Taeyong and who is he? Or he could be the next victim! Tomi—"

As soon as Yuqi grabbed Tomi's arm eagerly, she jumped slightly in shock. "Whatt???"

"You have to find out more about this—"

"Slow down Yuqi-ah—" Tomi gently put down Yuqi's grip away from her. "Aren't you reading too much into this? The council doesn't have any representative for Lee style right? Maybe they see him fitting for the role so they recruited him."