x. ominous legend

◦ ❖ ◦

◦ ❖ ◦

"I walk to KWANGYA.
I know your home ground,
confront the threat.
Beat it, beat it, beat it."

◦ ❖ ◦

Tomi and Juyeon walked to Tora Hill behind the school together. There were a lot of students hiking up too, now convinced that the match was worth watching. And Juyeon was right. The whole school was there. She thought if she were Yangyang she'd be nervous with the entire school watching, betting on you.

It was a fifteen-minute hike from the school. The hill was in different levels and the students were scattered around a shallow body of water which led to a waterfall. It was indeed a beautiful place to have a match.

Tomi remembered that Liu Yangyang was a first year, so that means the slightly younger-looking guy was him, who was also smaller in figure. He looked worse than Tomi, probably because of the matches he fought while climbing up the leaderboards.  And the other guy was Ten, she heard the Student Council, also the leader of Muay Thai club. The ground where they stood seemed slippery. She wondered how could they fight in such condition.

Not a while later, the match started.

Everyone cheered as the two fighters stepped closer to each other, giving a bow before getting to their stances.

The fight started with Ten launching a direct punch at Yangyang, who bent down into a low stance. Tomi recognized it was the snake stance. While Ten's punches brought her back to when she fought in the Unholy Pit, when she fought Jinyoung, a Muay Thai practitioner.

Wuxing vs. Muay Thai.

Complex and many different stances versus direct strong kicks and punches. It was indeed interesting.

"Honestly what was
Ten thinking? He will surely
lose against Wuxing."

Tomi heard one of the students said.

As she watched the fight, she caught a pair of eyes looking directly at her.

It was Nakamoto Yuta.

His eyes then went down to her uniform, that he'd given her, then looked away. She doesn't know what's up with that, but decided to ignore it.

Ten and Yangyang exchanged many punches and kicks, but Ten was receiving most of them. Water violently splashed as they moved around aggressively, making the crowd cheer for them even more. Yangyang finally finished off with a combo hit against Ten's chest, who failed to block every one of them. Ten eventually collapsed on the ground and coughed out blood.

The crowd then chanted Liu Yangyang's name as the moderator claimed his foreseen victory. Just like that, Liu Yangyang was promoted to Warrior, in his first year.