xv. bound by blood

◦ ❖ ◦

◦ ❖ ◦

"Before things get to deep,
before you get hurt,
don't trust me."

◦ ❖ ◦

After work, Tomi decided to cancel her plans with Wooyoung for the night and went back early to NPS.

What happened the night before had left her overthinking about her and Wooyoung's relationship. She felt overwhelmed and needed time and more space to reflect on it.

Choi San was not in her room by morning. It did worry her but she could only do so much to help. She did wonder where he was, but he probably went back to NPS.

She scrolled through her messages while sitting on the train. Juyeon's name under Wooyoung seemed like it was calling out to her.

Should she call him? But what would she say? What about Seonghwa? She knows he's still at his mother's KBBQ helping around.

She couldn't explain why she really wanted to see Juyeon right then. They hadn't spoken to each other for days since he canceled the practice so suddenly the last time. Worry washed over her as she remembered how he's been acting like. Without thinking twice, she decided to ring him.

The first call didn't come through.

She tried again.

And again.

After the third time failed to come through, she let it be. Maybe he's busy with something, she thought. She only wanted to tell him about what happened, but maybe that's another story for later.

Her phone lit up and vibrated a few seconds later. She wasted no time and answered the call.

"Juyeon?"

"Hey," then he let out a shaky exhale.

She was about to start rambling about Wooyoung, but as soon as she heard him, her heart broke. "Are you—" Of course, he's not okay, "—at school?"

"Yeah."

"I'm coming in a few."

"Alright. I'll meet you—"

"You can tell me where you are. I'll come to you."

~

Tomi stopped for a second, catching her breath, before knocking on his door. Not a second later, the door flung open revealing Juyeon with a smile.

Eyes still puffy, worse now, and the smile lasted only for a fraction of seconds.

She wasted no time and pulled him into her embrace, which he immediately returned. No words were exchanged, and he realized how that smallest attention from her made him feel so much better.