xii. dragon's nest

TW**
this chapter contains a self-harm scene (only a paragraph separated by the " ** " mark)
proceed at your own discretion

TW**this chapter contains a self-harm scene (only a paragraph separated by the " ** " mark)proceed at your own discretion

◦ ❖ ◦

"You gotta be so cold
to make it in this world."

◦ ❖ ◦

"I can't do it, I'm sorry."

Minho sighed, got up from his seat, and exited the cafeteria private room. Leaving the rest of the Council members (except for Yuta, who wasn't there) at a loss for words. What could possibly make Lee Minho walk out of a simple mission?

Johnny tried to catch up with Minho's pace, hoping maybe he would open up if it's just the two of them. Minho sure got him a bit concerned since he's never seen his friend so worked up about something like that. Minho was the type of person who's always joked around and teased people no matter what situation he was in. Along with Minghao and Ten, Minho was also the mood maker of the team.

"Minho!" Johnny ran as he called out his friend, who wasn't stopping. "Minho! Wait!"

"You can't change my mind about this, Johnny," Minho said when Johnny was close enough to hear him. "Joshua or Changmin will do it fine, just leave me out of this one."

"But, why?" Johnny held his shoulder gently and Minho gave up and stopped in his tracks. "Do you wanna tell me what happened last night?"

Minho breathed in before exhaling a long sigh. "I—" He breathed in again, "I don't know. Nothing happened last night— I don't know what the fuck happened last night."

"Minho, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Minho gently swatted Johnny's hand away before it could've reached him. "I just don't wanna talk about it."

"Dude, you know we can't do this without you."

"Well, I don't know. I don't— I can't do this." He then glared at Johnny. "But know that if you guys step out of the line, I won't just sit back and watch." With that, he walked away from the fellow Council.

~

"Where did you go last night?"

Yuqi and Tomi were walking to their class together, and Tomi still couldn't stop thinking about Juyeon.

"What do you mean?" Tomi took a glance at her friend.

Then her eyes scanned around the garden, hoping to see Juyeon somewhere. They walked past the Japanese gazebo where they both spent the entire night talking. She wasn't sure of what she actually felt towards him, nor did Juyeon told her what happened to him last night, but she hoped it'd helped him feel better.