vii. call of the inferno

◦ ❖ ◦

◦ ❖ ◦

"I'm a killa', who will break you.
You're still hiding and hallucinating
Beat you up, we holler
I'm not afraid of you, hit you harder."

◦ ❖ ◦

Tomi skipped the rest of her school period that day. With her blazer dirty and uniform torn, she didn't have anything else to wear. How could she even show her face again? Everyone must've heard about the incident by now.

Their words still rang in her mind. Devil Gene. Curse. What does all of that even mean? And Ryohei said the Nakamoto and Kazama have one thing in common?

She sat on her study table and stared at her arms. There were bruises on her wrists and arms where they had gripped on her harshly. She hated NPS. She wanted to go home. Everyone here was crazy. All she wanted was to study martial arts and go to an actual school. But the rules and the people here were too much for her.

The day turned to nighttime. When it was past midnight, she grabbed her jacket and headed off to the garden to clear out her mind.

Though it was cold, there wasn't anyone around. She went over a small pagoda and sat there.

Her peace lasted only for a few moments, until someone called her.

"Hey, Tomi."

It was Lee Juyeon.

"Mind if I join?"

Tomi only glanced at him for a second and looked away. She wasn't sure if she should answer yeah sure I don't really care, or no leave me alone.

Juyeon carefully sat on the entrance of the pagoda, not going in yet. Tomi wiped her tear quickly before Juyeon could've seen it.

"I was looking for you earlier today." Juyeon said. "I heard you made it and wanted to say hi."

Tomi was still looking away, and remained silent.

"I heard what happened between you and Ryohei, I—"

"What are you doing?" Tomi shot him a glare.

"Join our club," Juyeon blurted out.

It caught Tomi's attention and she shot him a confused look.

"If you don't belong in any club more people are just going to pick on you. And since we are small in number and need more people, it's a win-win situation for the both of us." Juyeon said. Then he held up his hands, "it's nothing personal, really."