xi. light a flame

◦ ❖ ◦

◦ ❖ ◦

"Ask me to be nice and
then I'll do it extra mean."

◦ ❖ ◦

"And you must be Satomi,"

It wasn't a surprise to her anymore that the boy, who introduced himself as Minho, knew her name. She would never get used to strangers knowing who she was.

Tomi let out a light chuckle, "that's me." Then began to walk down the stairs.

"Wait, didn't the party just start?"

"Oh— I'm..." she stopped as her eyes wandered around to think of a possible excuse, "I actually haven't had dinner and now I'm hungry and they don't have food, so..."

"Oh! Are you going to the town to eat?"

"No, I'm just going to eat whatever I have in the dorm."

"I have some cup noodles and I really don't mind if you have one, what do you say?" Minho gave her the warmest smile.

She didn't know if it was liquid courage or himself, but she thought it's not every day that someone as attractive as him would offer her a cup noodle. He was really attractive. She knew she'd said that about everyone nice she came across here, but Minho was really, really attractive. She couldn't look away from his plumped pink lips and perfect high nose, big pair of eyes that radiated gentle expressions. He had the kind of face that would make you stop in your tracks. She wondered if he was used to that.

"Are you sure you're okay? Did Choi San push you or something? Please tell me if he—"

"Choi San?"

"Yeah, I saw him going up and then I found you on the floor,"

So that was Choi San earlier who pushed her and made her fall to the floor. The quiet loner in her class who sits next to her. She wondered what kind of nametag he had since she hadn't be able to take a glimpse on it.

"I just accidentally bumped into him and fell," Tomi explained. "It's fine though."

"Well, if you say so, let's go!"

Tomi walked back to the party, but with Minho this time. She already had eyes on her earlier when she was alone, but now every pair of eyes seemed to be on her. She didn't know whether it was because more people were there or it was because of Minho. She'd also heard about people doing drugs and making out in parties, but seeing them do it with her own eyes was still a surreal experience for her.

When they had to go through a crowd, Tomi felt a tight grip around her wrist and she got dragged out of the crowd. She thought it was Minho but,

"Well look who's here,"