xxv: celebrations

By the time Jaehyung had entered into Professor Klaus's office for the meantime, he was already waiting for him there. Yuna was too, her eyes immediately latching on to him the moment he entered into the room.

"Ah, student Jaehyung you're back," Professor Klaus glanced slightly at Yuna. Yuna leaned back, supposedly disinterested, but he could see a triumphant look in her eyes. What exactly did Yuna do this time?

"You are to meet with your father at eight pm today. Here's the address," the professor gave him a note. "Although I am greatly against it, your sister was adamant to know the matters between the two of us, despite its confidentiality."

"It doesn't matter when it concerns my family matters, does it?" Yuna shot back, although a lot more respectfully than she would normally sound like.

Professor Klaus shook his head, brushing a hand through his blonde hair, "I truly am getting too old for this job." He truly wasn't. Professor Phoenix Klaus was thirty-four years of age. In fact, he looked like he was in his late twenties.

Jaehyung glanced at the letter and for the first time, he was confused. "Why a letter? Something like this could be taken in by spies of the sort."

Professor Klaus shrugged, taking a drink of water from his bottle. "I have no clue of its entirety. However I would recommend doing as your father says without questioning it."

Jaehyung remain tight-lipped, simply nodding his head, "Very well." was all he said after a moment of silence in the room.

"Brilliant," said the professor. "I shall give you my permission slips to go outside of the palace and the Knights shall escort you personally. However, Yuna, your presence wasn't exactly called for. It seems if you truly want to see your father, you'd have to go with Jaehyung or find a way by yourself."

"It doesn't matter," Jaehyung said, his eyes briefly closing. "She is to come with me."

Yuna straightened, her eyes widened.

"However with only one condition - Yuna, you have to leave father and I alone to talk before you do and you mustn't try to overhear our conversation."

Yuna bowed politely, "I will agree to your terms, brother."

Professor Klaus clapped his hands, "Perfect! Now that settles it. Here are your permission slips. Take care, then." he said, smiling brightly as they were given the slips and quickly ushered out the door as if the professor was in a rush.

A glance to his left side showed Professor Klaus holding a sleeping mask in his hand.

Yuna shaking her head in what looked like amusement, Jaehyung and her both ended up walking in silence through the long corridor. It was a long time before one of them spoke.

"Why - why exactly did you let me meet father? I was sure you'd refuse."

Jaehyung continued walking, "You would have found another way to talk to father even if I refused."

Yuna remained silent, her light steps echoing his as they stepped through the huge corridors of the palace. "Thanks uh either way... I - I guess."

They immediately stopped as Mari, who suddenly appeared as they rounded the corner, met eyes with Jaehyung. He frowned in response but was met with nonchalance when Mari cheerfully smiled, like the past events were already behind them.

"I'll see you all in the next cycle!" she said, before rushing away.

Yuna let out a contempous sniff, shaking her head in dismay. "She shouldn't run inside the palace halls," was all she murmured.