xxxii: to be jailed

"Then what role would you want?" Evangeline looked surprised. "I don't see how being the leader would not benefit you. How about being the deputy? I'm sure Xiao will not mind..."

"You are thinking too far ahead," Jaehyung responded. "What if I simply do not want to be the leader? Perhaps it's much too burdensome on me."

The woman gave out a short laugh, "I never imagined such words coming out of your mouth. You aren't what I expected, Kim Jaehyung."

Evangeline studied him under her observant gaze, "If you aren't interested, how do you feel about being the strategist? It suits you doesn't it not?"

The clouds began to thin and the sun shone brightly letting light beam on the world. Jaehyung raised a hand to block out the sun shining down on him.
"Hmm, perhaps but what if I wanted to continue being the defender?" He asked.

Evangeline tilted her head, deep-in-thought, "The thought never really crossed my mind... You don't seem the type to be the defender of a team."

"It's one of the most important roles," he pointed out, tapping his foot.

"I suppose so," Evangeline murmured. "Nevermind that, I suppose it's fruitless for me to continue suggesting the roles privately. Let's discuss it within our team." She turned to walk away, her footsteps soft against the ground.

"Ah... you really do suit being the leader."

Evangeline turned around, confused, "What was that?"

Jaehyung almost smiled, "Nothing too important."

-

Nothing much happened to the roles of the teams afterwards. Jaehyung ended up being the strategist which fitted him perfectly. The team he was in synergised with each other well, save for Mari who most people looked especially uncomfortable and irritated whenever she was around them. Jaehyung found it somewhat hilarious.

"Let's mark that school territory," Evangeline announced. "Do you remember what Professor Razor said? We should mark the school block because it has all the facilities."

"The other team is already at an advantage - must we do this?" someone from the team called out.

"Although they're much closer to that territory, it wouldn't hurt to shake them up right?" Mari, as coy ever, responded.

The team agreed and off they went. Frankly, Jaehyung was bored. He didn't really care that much, didn't do much either. There wasn't any schemes he wanted to carry out yet. There was still time left anyway.

It wouldn't be too hard to betray them after all.

"Jaehyung, as the strategist, what do you want to do?"

"Four of us should go attempt to mark the territory," he immediately said. "We could leave another four people behind to guard the camp and have two others to infiltrate the enemy's territory while the enemy team is busy. They may be doing something similar as well."

"Would four people really be enough in order to safely guard the flag?" The deputy, Xiao, asked concerned.

Jaehyung let a twitch of a smile on his face, "Not unless you're able to deceive them and make it appear as if the flag is somewhere else," he stared at his team, looking as confident and sincere as possible. "Trust me, this will work."

"Very well," Evangeline bowed her head and straightened, "The deputy and the attackers come with me. Scouts, you both infiltrate into the other territory and the rest can stay here and defend the territory. Jaehyung, I trust you will place your strategy to plan?"