viii: mina's confusion

Mina looked at Kim Jaehyung in astonishment. She could see Seo Jeongsuk's confused face.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

She shook her head, implying that it was nothing. Inside however, she was feeling quite perplexed. Kim Jaehyung hadn't truly once looked at her ever since she started to work under him. He was always secretive, never leaving out a hint of any emotion on his face. Whenever she met eyes with him, she would always feel extremely uncomfortable at the calculating glint seen in his dark emotionless eyes.

However, it seemed that ever since he woke up from the elemental terrorist attack, it felt as if Kim Jaehyung was an entirely different person.

For one, he hadn't asked her any information about what happened to him after the terrorist attack. For another, he hadn't even fired her.

She was his bodygaurd and had to protect him at all cost. The Kim Jaehyung she knew would have immediately fired her because she hadn't priotised his safety. However, once he woke up he hadn't remembered anything about what had happened.

She wondered if he still remembered or if he had forgotten much about his life.

She was especially concerned as he had always been holed up in his room. It was even more frightful to see that once he actually got out of his bedroom, the first thing he had done was search through the cabinet files.

Now, he had escaped to meet Jeongsuk.

Mina liked how Kim Jaehyung was now. Her Master expressed his opinions more and looked less secretive. The emotions on his face were easily read.

Mina couldn't understand it. Jaehyung was still the same in every physical form and voice, but his personality differed so much.

Perhaps his close death experience frightened him so?

She looked at Jeongsuk and sighed, "Shall we go over the contents of the contract again?"