xlvii: death

News spread fast. It was like wildfire and the whole world was talking about it. The disappearance of Kim Jaehyung, along with Evangeline and Damon was everywhere.

And it had only been a few hours since they were discovered.

Kim Yuna hurried along, feeling the hot summer heat burn down on her. She skipped school for this. Knowing this much at least - Jeongsuk had did it too. But who knew that he did it to save her brother?

Yuna sighed. Jeongsuk was a pain nowadays. Ever since Jaehyung's disappearance, he had been training like crazy. It was easy to see his improvements. He was basically a genius at this point. What a monster. Although he still needed a year or two of training - there was no doubt that he would one day catch up to the people in his year. Even the top students weren't safe.

"Where's Jaehyung?" Yuna demanded the moment she stepped in Jeongsuk's house. She had been here before. It looked emptier than usual. Was he going to move houses?

"That's not a way to greet me," said Jeongsuk as he popped out of the hallway. He smiled. Yuna glanced away, feeling heat rising in her face.

What a pain.

"Move," she said and brushed past him. Sitting on the table, Jaehyung sat there, drinking ice tea.

"Brother," she said. "Welcome back."

"Hello, sister," Jaehyung murmured. He looked disorientated. Inside her mind, Yuna seethed. Who dared to challenge her family?

"What exactly happened?"

"Toshiro," Jeongsuk informed her. He grabbed a cup and poured her cool ice tea. She drank it, feeling the refreshing cool drink running down her throat. "It seemed that he was all behind it."

"No..." Jaehyung said. "It's not him. It's the mother. It's our mother who is behind this."

Yuna nearly spat out her drink. "Mother? Jaehyung, she's dead."

"Dead? No she isn't. She's definitely alive. I saw her."

"Jaehyung you- we saw her die in front of our eyes. That's impossible."

After all, Yuna could never forget it. Of course she couldn't. A few years after Sungho was born, she fell terribly ill. The illness occured for a couple of years before she took her last breath and died. Yuna remembered. The bruises along her body, the terrified eyes, her soulless voice and her face devoid of emotion.

"She's not alive, brother," Yuna said. This time pain laced her voice and her hands began to shake. The memories of her mother began to rush back.

Being alive for her wasn't possible.

"Don't you remember?" Yuna asked, her voice pitchy. "The funeral? The hospital? She's gone."

Jaehyung stood up from his chair, "No!" he said. "She's alive. I saw her with my very own eyes. She's part of them."

Yuna couldn't understand. No matter how hard she tried, she simply could not. Jaehyung... it was like he was a completely different person. His mannerisms, his behaviour.

Everything about him felt tormented.

Yuna clicked her tongue and turned around, her arms crossed. She refused to believe her mother was alive.

If she was - why didn't she come back to her? Why did she leave them all alone?

Yuna's image of her mother... she didn't want it to be tarnished. However Jaehyung wasn't the type to mistake things and he wasn't the type to joke around either.

If mother truly is alive...

Yuna turned around, her heart thumping.

She didn't know what to think of it. The sense of betrayal would be enough to completely destroy her.

No, she didn't want to think about it anymore. She had Jaehyung back. Wasn't that enough?

As death raises their scythe
The little girl watches on with wide eyes
The victim lies still
Their movements is stilled
Their eyes are closed
Her motionless hand clasped with her tiny ones
The little girl and the little boy watch

Death surrounds them like never-ending chills
And darkness begins to prevail
Through the eyes of the girl
She screams
The line is still moving
Moving...

When death moves their scythe down
The walls begin to shake
Her heart palpates in terror
And the little girl watches carefully
As the line begins to die down
Until it's flat

She's helpless

The cries that tear at her heart
Begin to resound around her
She grips the hand tightly
Never wanting to let go
But knowing
That everything ends in death