vii: program

"I reject your proposal," Mina said. "You must accept this. Doing this will relieve Master and his family. If you reject it, there is also another way but it is of the cost of your silence and perhaps life too."

Kim Jaehyung straightened his back. "You shouldn't scare him like that!"

"But this amount of money is thrice more than what a normal person could make in their lifetime!"

"Believe me, this is less than zero point one percent of Kim Jaehyung's income. Please accept this proposal. His company will certainly not want to do it the other way."

Seo Jeongsuk shoulders sagged. "Very well," he conceded defeat. "I will agree with you. Please give me the contract then."

"Of course, there are a few agreements in the contract that must be done on order to gain the money. It is stated in the contract."

Jeongsuk read over it and frowned. "I am to attend the Kings Academy specialist holiday program with Jaehyung?"

Kim Jaehyung immediately snapped his head to Mina in disbelief.

Mina nodded, "You will attend the program as his bodyguard. Only people who get accepted in the program are allowed access there. There is no exception for even Kim Jaehyung to have his own personal bodyguards there."

"When does the program start?"

"Two weeks from now."

"What? That's much too late for me to apply! I just awakened! Isn't it impossible for me to get in?"

Mina nodded, "Normally people would apply a year or two from now to the program but you are an exception. There is less than twenty people in a world of ten billion that share the same power of creation as you. Most of them by now are elderly and retired. It is inevitable that you will get accepted."

"I'm sorry.. this is far too overwhelming to take in."

"Of course, it is understandable that you feel this way. It was quite the same with myself. I myself also attended the program and graduated from Kings Academy."

Jaehyung looked at Mina in surprise. She attended Kings Academy and graduated there as well?

Jeongsuk blushed under Mina's gaze. It seemed he was entranced by her. Jaehyung himself could somewhat understand it. Mina's description in the novel was the same as she looked right now - but also in a way that he hadn't expected.

In the story, Jaehyung had presumed she looked more Japanese then American. However, seeing her right now, Jaehyung felt himself presumptuous to think such a thought. Her small face, dotted with cute freckles that appeared all over her cheeks complimented her pale skin. Her short brown hair was vibrant and her green-blue eyes was enchanting, like the colour of the sea and forest combined.

Jaehyung obviously saw her as immensely beautiful but he was concerned that other people would comment about her looks, saying that she did not fit Korea's beauty standards at all.

At least, that was what Jaehyung thought. He sincerely hoped he wasn't right. In the real world, many things in Korea relied heavily on appearances and looks. He'd always thought the beauty standards were outrageous there. Hopefully, in this world, things weren't the same.

It seemed that Jeongsuk really liked Mina. Slightly too much, it seemed.

"What elemental powers did you have?" Jeongsuk asked with curiousity.

Mina smiled slightly. The first Jaehyung had seen her smile ever since coming into the world of the novel. "It was a mixed elemental gift. Fire and light. They were only both subcategories though. I just graduated last year, so I'm still improving."

Jaehyung felt surprised. This was more information he hadn't heard. Mina had never been explained in the novel about what her elemental gift was and the memories from Kim Jaehyung, the villain, hadn't even been bothered to know what gift Mina had.

All of a sudden, Jaehyung felt tired. Memories of the villain was still slowly entering into his mind and it was distracting to him. Not only that, but the vast knowledge of Kim Jaehyung's brain was tiring him even more than the memories. It seemed that memory and knowledge were two different things and inside Jaehyung's mind, they were both competing against each other.

He let out a yawn.

Mina turned to him, "Master, would you like to go back to your quarters? This bed should obviously uncomfortable for you."

Jaehyung could imagine Jeongsuk's offended gaze towards Mina. However, he couldn't see what was happening as he yawned again, eyes slowly closing.

"It's all fine," he murmured. By then, he was already asleep.

 By then, he was already asleep