xliv: the lies you tell

Thank you to everyone who stuck by! Ily <3
Here's a chapter ^^
My writing ability is kinda rusty due to me barely writing anymore however I'll do my best :))

Jaehyung woke up to blinding lights glaring at him. He looked around him, immediately realising that he was binded to the bed. Footsteps near and the face of Toshiro stood in front of him.

Red seared in Jaehyung's view and he reached for Toshiro. He hissed at the binds that tore at his skin and immediately settled down back on the bed.

"Sorry for the binds," Toshiro called, almost cheerfully. There was a glint in his eyes that showed how pleased he was, however. How sickening. "However I knew that you would immediately try and kill me the moment these are gone. Call it extra precaution if you may."

"You-" Jaehyung couldn't express how angered he was. He was fuming, his eyes showing a dangerous killing intent.

Toshiro sighed, shaking his head. "Don't pin the blame on me too much, though. I didn't know you were being tortured like this. If I did, I would have never sent you there in the first place. The website clearly said it was a protection ward." He winced, looking almost sincere. "I was punished from Her Excellency. She left scars so take my pain on your behalf and I deeply apologize for the lack of care in the environment you were in."

"Let me go!" Jaehyung snarled.

Toshiro coughed, looking away, "On normal circumstances, I would but sadly you seem to be suffering from psychological trauma." He raised his hands up. "My bad. Because of my mistake, I got demoted."

"Have you even learnt at all, Toshiro?" That same lilting voice came from the doorway. It was the voice of the woman that saved Jaehyung. He turned his head to immediately look at her, and his eyes widened.

"Why-"

"My son," the woman said carefully. "My dearest son, I'm terribly sorry for the pain I've inflicted on you." Hands clasped together, she bowed. Toshiro, upon looking at her, immediately bowed and copied her actions towards him.

Jaehyung was rendered speechless. My son? What was up with that? And why - why in the world did she look like a complete copy of him, Yuna and even Sungho?

She neared him, but didn't venture close. "Don't be afraid now, Kim Jaehyung. You are safe."

The word immediately triggered him. He glared at her and then turned to Toshiro. "Safe?" he spat out, his eyes narrowed. He was seething. "Do you think I'm stupid? Why should I believe I'm safe when you're an accomplice to Toshiro who kidnapped me? When you've kept me locked up in that dungeon for God knows how long? When you've binded me like this with no chance of escaping? I don't see how this is safe. You're all disgusting."

The woman looked slightly taken back, but remained composed. "But you are safe," she murmured. "Toshiro made a mistake and he got punished thoroughly. However he and I will never hurt you and it is a promise that we will keep. Please trust us."

"Trust you?" At this point, Jaehyung was delirious. Almost hysterical, even. He looked deranged, his eyes darkening with a crazy glint in them. "You both really think I'd believe in your lies? Let me go. I will not believe in your schemes or whatever you want with me. Kill me if you want. Let me die if that's what you wish for. However know this - I will never forgive you for what you've done. Especially Toshiro."

He took a deep breath in. "All I hear is lies."

Toshiro straightened, "Kim Jaehyung," he earned. "Don't you dare insult Her Excellency like that." He glared at him and Jaehyung's mouth twisted upwards in a smirk.

"Do you really think I care?"

"Enough!" exclaimed Her Excellency. She looked furious. "You haven't learnt your lesson, Toshiro."

"But-"

"I said enough. Do you wish to go against my words?"

Toshiro remained quiet, glancing at the floor. Jaehyung couldn't help but sigh.

"What a pity," he said aloud, aggravating Toshiro. "Looks like home boy can't do anything now, can he?"

"Kim Jaehyung," said Her Excellency quietly. "You may not believe me, but we are blood. I will wait for as long as I live in order for you to realize that."

She walked away, Toshiro trailing after her. "Don't forget the truth of this world, my son."