x: sudden realization

The main mansion Jaehyung was in had three floors. Technically two, as one was an entirely underground floor. Jaehyung, having read the novel, immediately knew what to do in order to increase his shadow ability.

Of course, his knowledge of his newfound elemental gift barely existed and even the past memories of Kim Jaehyung didn't know much. Thus, he could not help but continue his training the way his past memories of the villain conducted.

Mina obviously didn't seem surprised when Jaehyung ordered not a single person to go to the underground floor, even when delivering food for him to eat. She expected it of course, as Jaehyung had done this numerous times before, to the point where she herself lost count.

Away from the eyes of everyone, Jaehyung would go to the darkest corners of the floor and meditate, entering in a state of pure darkness. He had intervals when meditating, each break growing shorter and shorter in length each time he entered into another stage and state.

However, he felt restless. Having done this many times through the villain's past memories, Jaehyung knew that the meditation wasn't going as smooth as his past experiences. He pondered over it for a minute, before deciding to meditate without any intervals and breaks.

It was dangerous, especially to his health. However, Jaehyung felt that it was the only way in order to truly enter the centre of his elemental gift.

Jaehyung didn't know how much time had passed until he started to feel it. A burst of dark energy that envigorated his exhausted, meditating self. He could sense the shadows radiating around him, could feel it flowing vibrantly in his blood. He felt as if all the problems in the world had vanished and only his companions, the shadows, accompanied him.

He opened his eyes to a room in absolute pitch darkness. Even a person with elemental gifts could not see through the dense darkness of the room unless they used their powers to light up the room. People with elemental gifts were blessed with enhanced physical abilities, such as the ability to see.

Jaehyung slowly got up from the floor, wobbling and then collasping instantly to his knees as he did so. It seemed he was weak, especially as his body had not reacted well to his moving self. It seemed Jaehyung had meditated for far too long that even his body could not control itself.

The shadows that had energised him faded away and all that was left was utter exhaustion. Kim Jaehyung felt dizzy, but forced himself through the agonising pain to slowly wobble his way out of the room. Exactly how long had he been training for to feel this helpless?

After it felt like centuries, Jaehyung finally entered into his elevator. Barely unable to continue keeping his eyes open, he painfully pressed the button to send him to the first floor of the mansion.

Groaning as a huge wave of nausea swept over him, Jaehyung could hear his body thud against the floor with an excruciating, stinging pain erupting over his body and mind as he experienced his second loss of consciousness ever since entering into the novel.

=•=•=•=•=

Kim Jaehyung woke up to a expressionless Mina who sat next to him on a chair. She looked at him, seeing that he was awake and bowed her head.

"Master," she said. "Welcome back."

Did he detect a hint of sarcasm? He sat up, finding that the pain he had before was no longer present. The wonders of this world he was in. Technology in this Earth was far more advanced than the realistic one. It was certainly an advantage having it set in a novel. Or perhaps the reason why he had gotten healed so quickly was because of his status.