xxxi: scouting ahead

Picture above is Evangeline ^

The professors stood back, watching as the students began to read the contents of their Metallix board (the hologram in front of them).

Team Day
Leader: Evangeline Aleksov
Deputy: Xiao Ren
Medic: Toshiro Aoki
Scout Leader: Yuna Kim
Scout: Ryoma Enatsu
Defender: Jaehyung Kim
Strategist: Melinda Alcaraz
Attacker: Katarina Avramov
Attacker: Shen Xun
Theif: Mariette Valentina

Jaehyung scanned over the contents of his team, somewhat surprised he was assigned to be the defender of the team. A message popped up on his screen. ALERT: hidden message.

Intrigued, Jaehyung clicked on it knowing that nobody would be able to see the message on his board.

Hidden role:
The task you are given is to be the mole of your assigned team. Your allegiances don't lie with Team Day, but with Team Night. Your goal is to make Team Night win by sabotaging your own "assigned" team from the inside.

If Team Day wins, you and Team Night shall lose. Be careful and do not get found out.

Jaehyung almost laughed. It seemed that his primary goal in this game was to sabotage his team or lack of, as he was actually associated with Team Night.

Yuna looked over Jaehyung's shoulder without any warning, "What does your role say?" her eyes quickly scanned over the contents on the board and she frowned. "The task you are given is to be the defender of your assigned team," she read aloud then also laughed.

"I never thought you'd be assigned as a defender. It doesn't sound like you in the slightest."

Jaehyung glanced at his board, which to him was still seen showing the task of being a mole in the group. Inwardly, he couldn't help but feel excited at the prospect of this hidden task.

"Believe me, I know," he said shortly. "You being scout leader doesn't sound surprising either."

Yuna nodded in agreement and the people in their team quickly gathered together. He glanced at the other teams board.

Team Night
Leader: Jeongsuk Seo
Deputy: Mark Sanders
Medic: Saleena Kumari
Scout Leader: Damon Aetós
Scout: Felix Ahlstrom
Defender: Anitha Albrecht
Strategist: Alrik Jäger
Attacker: Adalyn Brandt
Attacker: Gabriel Francisco
Thief: Leonard Andrews

"Why is Jeongsuk our leader?" Jaehyung could hear the exclamation of rage coming from Gabriel Francisco.

Yuna looked at him and rolled her eyes, "Just shut it and stop complaining. This is a game." She adjusted her translation device, or the earpiece, which allowed the students to freely communicate with each other without any language barriers.

Gabriel immediately quietened once he realized it was Yuna speaking.

Evangeline, who was the leader for Team Day, was already leading the people in their team away. She was a very cold and distant person who Jaehyung had noticed preferred to hang around by herself. With a family of hers said to be of great prestige, it didn't matter that much as she was clearly one of the brightest students in the program anyway.

"Gather any important items that you have brought - weapons, utensils, clothing, anything that could help us win the game," she commanded. "Do it quickly. We will not stay here for too long and further discussions can be made after the flag has been placed."