Chapter 17

Warning chapter contains violence and rape...

Davina's pov

I watch myself as I cry beside Kol's body which I pulled into the hut not long after I killed Mikael. I was sobbing hard which you couldn't blame me for, I had just watched the love of my life be stabbed through the heart by his own father. 

I was knelt beside Kol's body when suddenly he shot up gasping making me jump back in surprise "w-what the hell?! Kol?" I say with tears streaming down my face. "D-Davina?" he says looking confused "w-what happened to me?" he asks "M-Mikael he stabbed you through the heart. You were dead" I sob making him look down at his chest and he sees the dark dried blood on his chest where a hole is.

I sob harder before throwing myself at him, wrapping my arms around him "I-I don't know how this is possible but I'm so glad you're alive. I didn't know what I was going to do without you" I sob against his shoulder as he brings a hand to the back of my head, stroking my hair. 

"Shh it's okay, I'm here" he assures me pulling back and cupping my face in his hands. He uses his thumbs to wipe away my tears before a frown settles on his face "what?" I ask noticing something was wrong. "I-I feel diffferent, something's not right" he says shaking his head and I move back slightly.

"What is it?" I ask "m-my magic, I-I can't feel it" he says making my eyes widen. "Try a spell" I say he looks around before getting up and heading outside. I frown as I follow after him and watch as he kneels in front of a flower bed.

He plucks one flower that looks a bit dead and starts chanting but nothing happens, the colour on the flower doesn't brighten. "N-No" he mumbles as I walk over to him "Davina my magic it's gone" he says as I kneel beside him and he turns to me and wraps his arms around me as he starts sobbing.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what's happened or what to do help" I say as I run a hand through his hair "ah I see you're awake, good it's time for you to complete the transition" Esther says as she appears through the trees and walks over to us. 

I narrow my eyes at her and I pull away from Kol and stand up "you stay away from him. You and Mikael did this" I hiss pointing at her making her frown "I only did what was necessary to protect my children. I already lost two, I couldn't lose anymore" Esther replies before flicking her hand sending me flying back "Davina!" Kol yells as I land a few metres behind him, luckily just about missing the tree otherwise I would've received some serious damage.

Kol rushes over to me "I don't know what you did to me or what you did to my magic but you stay away from my fiancee!" he snaps at her as he holds me against his chest in a protective manner. "Calm down dear I'm not here to hurt you, I just need you to complete the transition" Esther replies as she walks towards us "what transition?" Kol asks looking confused but not loosening his hold on me.

"Mikael" Esther calls out and my eyes widen as Mikael appears looking very alive. He just gives me a smug look making me blood boil but Kol immediately senses this as he tightens his hold on me.

I take notice that Mikael is dragging something behind him so I look to see he's dragging an unconscious woman who's wrist is bleeding. "What did you do to that poor woman?" I ask "that poor woman is a harlet now be quiet" Esther hisses at me "don't you speak to her like that!" Kol snaps kissing my forehead.

Mikael walks over to us dragging the woman behind him but we just take a step back when suddenly I feel something grab my feet and I look to see vines wrapping around my legs before I'm yanked forward and away from Kol. "No, let her go!" Kol yells but Mikael rushes forward slamming him up against the tree.