Chapter 18

Continues from previous chapter...

Kol's pov

"I-I remember" Davina says with a tears streaming down her face "everything?" I ask making her nod "everything. I remember everything" she replies and I rush over to her as she scrambles to sit up on her knees just before I gather her in my arms, holding her tight.

"Oh baby I'm so glad you remember" I say burying my head in the crook of her neck "I-I'm so sorry" she says making me frown as I pull back "what are you sorry for?" I ask confused "I'm sorry for not remember. How could I forget all that? How could I forget loving you, being loved by you? How could I forget we were engaged..." she trails off as she starts hyperventilating making me pull her into my arms for a hug.

"Shh it's okay, it's not your fault you didn't remember. It's just the way things happened so don't be sorry when you had no control of it. If anyone should be sorry it's me" I say pulling away and looking down. "Why should you be sorry? You did nothing wrong" she says cupping my face to make me look up.

"Of course I did. I didn't protect you, I didn't save you on time if I had then you would've never died" I say feeling tears stream down my face. "No it wasn't your fault, I should've never tried to plead with the villagers. I should've just stayed by your side, I'm so sorry" she cries making me pull her back into another hug so I'm holding her in my arms and we just cry with each other.

"You didn't know darling, you just wanted to help us, you wanted to make peace and you tried but they couldn't see past their anger so they hurt you to hurt me" I say with a sob, clutching her tightly never wanting to let go of her.

"I never left your side you know, I remember watching you and your siblings and it hurt seeing you yet not being able to be with you. All I wanted was to be with you" she cries as I pull back, pushing strands of her hair away that clung to her face from her tears. "I know darling, I could feel you. I always did" I say gently caressing her cheek.

"It's been hell without you darling, it truly has and all I yearned for was to see you again and hold you, tell you how much I love you" I say pressing my forehead against hers "I know, I saw and I felt your pain. I wanted to heal your pain so bad but I couldn't, I wasn't allowed which sucked" she replies bringing a hand to my face and I sigh at her touch.

I bring a hand up to her face, brushing her hair aside "I couldn't believe it when I saw you walk into that classroom, all I wanted to do was take you in my arms and kiss you" I say "well you can now so what's stopping you?" she asks "absolutely nothing" I respond before pressing my lips against hers.

She instantly responds kissing me back as she climbs onto my lap, placing a hand on the nape of my neck. 

I wrap my arms around her, pulling her closer to me as I tilt my head to the side, deepening the kiss feeling complete as I hold her in my arms kissing her sweet lips, taking in her scent and feeling her warmth.

She slowly pulls away, breaking the kiss but places her forehead against mine as she steadies her breathing since the kissing got quite intense and left us both feeling a little breathless.

Her eyes widen suddenly widen "what's wrong?" I ask "our baby" she says making me smile "Delilah, she's here she's downstairs" I say "how's she been? I only watched her as a spirit so I know she had been born" she says "she's been perfect, she is like you in every way" I respond making her smile.

"I want to see her if that's okay with you?" she asks "of course, you don't even have to ask. You're her mother and she has been dying to meet you" I say making her smile. "I'll go get her" I say making her nod as I plant a kiss on her forehead before shifting her off my lap and getting up, off the bed.