Chapter 12

The next day....

Kol's pov

It's nearly 6 pm and Davina's due to arrive any minute so I go to find Delilah who is finishing getting ready with my sister.

"Delilah?" I call out as I reach Rebekah's room hearing my daughters voice coming from in there.

"Come in daddy" Delilah says I open the door and I instantly smile as I see her all dressed up for dinner. She's wearing a white and pink flower patterned dress with white shoes.

"Do you like my dress daddy? Auntie Bex picked it for me" Delilah says "I love it princess, you look beautiful" I respond making her smile

Rebekah smiles and leaves the room knowing I need a moment alone with Delilah to discuss her mother coming over. "What's wrong daddy?" Delilah asks instantly sensing something's up.

I smile softly as I sit on the edge of Rebekah's bed "we need to talk" I respond making her frown as she slowly walks towards me. "What is it daddy? Have I done something wrong?" she asks making me instantly shake my head "oh of course not princess. I just wanted to talk to you before your mother arrives" I respond making her eyes widen. "She's nearly here?" she asks making me nod "she is which is sort of what I want to talk to you about" I say making her sigh as she sits herself down.

"I know daddy, I can't tell her anything because it might scare her" she says making me shake my head "no, that's not what I was going to say" I respond making her frown "oh then what is it?" she asks "I just want to ensure you'll be okay throughout this dinner with your mother being present and all. I just don't want you getting upset as I worry when you'll see her it might be too much for you" I explain but she shakes her head.

"It won't daddy, I promise" she responds giving me a hug making my heart melt "you are so much like her" I murmur referring to her mother. Delilah pulls back and smiles just as there's a knock at the door making me freeze and Delilah's smile gets bigger "mommy?" she whispers grasping my hand. "It's okay, we'll go down together yeah?" I say taking her hand as I stand up, gently pulling her up with me.

We leave Rebekah's room and slowly make our way downstairs as I hear Rebekah go to answer the door. 

No one's pov

Rebekah opened the door and smiled as she saw Davina standing there looking beautiful in a simple maroon lace dress and black high heels.