8

The two of you had arrived back at the house, Schlatt helped you pack in a few groceries before going to help Ted to the car.

"Are you sure you two will be okay?" You asked, worrying for them. Ted was a mess, he could still barely even walk on his own. You had a bit more faith in Schlatt, though, but things could still go wrong.

Schlatt opened the car door for Ted, watching as he hopped in. He let out a chuckle and looked back at you. "Trust me, Y/N, we'll be fine! And like I said, we'll give you a call if we need you." He stretched, before walked around and getting in the driver's side. "We'll be back in a bit."

All you could really do was stand there, so you gave a small nod. "Okay, just stay safe!" You said with a frown, soon watching as the two drove off. For a moment you just stood there in silence, hoping the two wouldn't get hurt, before finally after a while you decided to head back inside.

Once you were back inside you began putting the groceries away, there were quite a lot but you didn't mind the task. While putting everything where it was supposed to be, though, you heard something fall in another room. You paused, slowly setting the items in your hands down, before looking around.

"Hello?" You called out, only to get no response. The noise sounded like a loud thud, though you couldn't really tell exactly what room it was coming from.

Looking around, you ended up grabbing a kitchen knife. If that noise so happened to be an intruder, this whole situation wouldn't end well.

Taking a deep breath you slowly walked down the hallway, looking around you noticed Charlie's door was still closed. Taking a deep breath, you slowly reached over with your free hand, opening the door.

Thankfully, there was no intruder. But, Charlie was on the floor, struggling to support himself up. You almost immediately dropped the knife and rushed over to him, crouching down and carefully helping him sit up.

"Ow.. ow.. shit.." He muttered, his head hanging down. You frowned and carefully helped him stand, immediately getting him back in bed.

You stepped back a bit and sighed, "How are you feeling, Charlie..?" You asked softly. He seemed a bit dazed and confused, looking around the room for a moment, before looking at you.

".. Bad. Just- oh fuck.. what happened?" He asked as he rubbed his head, wincing after touching the cut. "Ow.."

Sitting down on his bed next to him, you let out a sigh, recalling everything that happened yesterday. Yes, yesterday.  To you, it honestly felt like it had been longer. "Well, where do I start.." You sighed.

"We were driving back here when a car started following us, it crashed into the back of our car. The one was driving right towards us, so you swerved off of the road and we crashed.. I was decently fine and Ted's leg was pretty messed up. You were unconscious though.. and well, Schlatt showed up how time and now we're here. I'm just glad you're alright." You explained to him, smiling a bit.

Charlie took a moment to process all of that, but eventually gave a small nod. "Ah, I see.. where are Schlatt and Ted now..?"

Like you knew the answer to that. Schlatt didn't tell you much, neither did Ted. "Not sure. They said there was some business they had to attend to. They told me to stay here and watch you."

"So they just left..? Huh.. I mean, that is normal around here.. isn't Ted hurt though?"

"Yeah," You said with a sigh and a nod. "But he just kept asking Schlatt to go. It was a bit concerning considering how much pain he's been in.." You shook your head, before looking back at him. "Anyway, you must be hungry. Schlatt and I went went the store, do you think you eat something?"