28

Both you and Schlatt had arrived at the hospital. Checking in with the receptionist the two of you were soon escorted towards Charlie's room by a nurse.

Ted was practically waiting right outside the door for the two of you, and once you both were in his sights he didn't hesitate to rush over and hug you both.

"Surprisingly, that chair was pretty comfortable to sleep in." Was the first thing he said, chuckling softly. "How was the hotel.

Giving a small shrug, Schlatt sighed a bit. "Don't know. I fell asleep pretty fast last night." He said with a small chuckle. "Ready to switch places, Ted?"

You looked at Schlatt, a bit confused. "You're settling in already?"

"Might as well. I'm sure Ted wants to change. Probably needs a shower, too, and all that shit." Schlatt said with a smile. "I'm gonna stay here, keep an eye on Charlie, y'know? You two head back to the hotel. I'll keep you updated."

Sighing, you immediately walked over. "I'm at least staying with you for a bit. Ted can go back on his own. I'll give him my room key."

Shaking his head, Schlatt let out a sigh. "Y/N, don't do that. You need to stick together."

"Then can I just talk to you for a moment in the room? Ted can wait out here." You spoke softly, causing both boys to grow a bit curious.

Though he was hesitant, Schlatt gave a small sigh. "Fine. You okay with waiting, Ted?"

Nodding, Ted snickered a bit. "Go ahead. I still have a dollar the nurses gave me to use on the vending machine!"

"Of course you do." He said with a small chuckle, before opening the door to Charlie's room, heading inside. You followed behind him, making sure to close the door behind you.

Poor Charlie was still laying in the hospital bed, hooked up to all of those machines. At least he looked somewhat peaceful, from what you could see.

Schlatt immediately turned and watched as you headed over, sitting down in the chair in the room. "Get over here and sit in front of me."

He scoffed a bit, but eventually made his way over, sitting in front of you with his back against your legs. "Jeez, your demanding today, huh?"

Rolling your eyes, you slowly took your hands and began to run them through Schlatt's hair. "Oh, shut it. I just wanted to fix your hair. You may have showered, but it's so messy it makes you look homeless."

Your fingers surprisingly ran smoothly through his hair, all you mainly did was brush it back for now. "Just don't feel like fixing it." He muttered quietly, looking down at his hands.

"My point exactly. You need to start taking care of yourself better. Now that Swagger's gone, we have more time to do things instead of just running away."

Once his hair was pulled back for the most part, you pulled a hair tie off of your wrist, carefully fixing his hair back with it. "You keep your hair so long, if you're not gonna do anything with it you might as well just cut it." You said with a small smile, before standing up. "I think I'm gonna head back to Ted now, alright?"

When he stood up he almost immediately pulled you into a hug, holding on tightly. You were a bit surprised, considering Schlatt wasn't much of a hugger, but you didn't mind. You wrapped your arms around him as well, hugging him close.

"Thanks, Y/N.." He muttered softly, eventually pulling away. He smiled a bit. "I'm thinking Ted's gonna go a bit crazy. I haven't seen him this happy in a while. Make sure he doesn't destroy the hotel room, alright? I'd prefer for us not to get kicked out."