16

When you woke up you noticed outside the sun was beginning to set. Well, shit. There went your chance at having a good sleep schedule for a while.

Even though you were awake, though, Ted on the other hand was still fast asleep. His arms were wrapped around your waist, so it was a bit of a challenge to slip away from him, but you managed.

Once you were up you did a quick stretch, before looking back and carefully pulling the covers back over Ted so he wouldn't get to cold. You smiled slightly, quietly exiting the room.

Heading into the living room you decided to check up on Charlie, only to see that he was sound asleep as well. You couldn't blame either of them, really, you knew they were exhausted from everything.

Minx wasn't anywhere to be seen, you figured she was just in her room or something. You didn't want to go looking for her, not wanting to bother her if she was busy with anything.

After thinking for a moment, you turned and headed back down the hallway, slowly opening the door to the guest room Schlatt was in. Unlike the others he was actually awake, and had somehow managed to sit up on his own.

"Well, that's improvement, I guess." You said with a smile as you headed over to him. "How are you feeling?"

He looked up at you and gave a small chuckle, rubbing his face with his hand. "Eh, I'm still sore as fuck but at least it's feeling a bit better.."

Giving a small nod, you sat next to him. "Good, I wouldn't want to have to take you to the hospital.. I mean, I know it would be necessary, but with all the criminal records, and-"

"Y/N, Y/N. Relax, okay?" Schlatt said, cutting you off. "I'm fine. I feel better already." He chuckled softly with a smile, looking at you.

Seeing his smile couldn't help but make you smile as well, you gave a sigh before standing up. "Alright.. now, come on."

Schlatt raised an eyebrow before looking up at you. "What do you mean 'come on'?"

"You've been laying in bed since we got here. In fact, I don't even know when the last time you walked around on your own was. So, since you're starting to feel better, might as well help you walk around a bit." You explained, holding your hand out to him.

"Are you sure about this?" He asked a bit conflicted, to which you gave a nod to. He let out a sigh before giving you his hand. "Fine, fine.."

You smiled and carefully took his arm, wrapping it around your neck, before using your other arm to wrap it around his waist, before helping him stand. "You ready?"

All he did was give a slow nod, leaning against you slightly as his legs quivered. "Yeah.. uh.."

"I got you, don't worry." You assured him as you smiled. "Let's head into the kitchen. It's not too far from this room. Plus, you should probably try to eat something."

He gave a slow nod, watching as you took a small step, before doing the same. He winced in pain slightly but it didn't seem too bad.

Soon you both were walking, going slow since you didn't want to push Schlatt too much, but eventually the two of you made it into the kitchen. You helped Schlatt sit down in a chair, before smiling a bit.

"Well, I'm glad your legs still work." You said with a small hum, before looking down at his side. "How has that been feeling..?"

Schlatt leaned back in the chair slightly, giving a small sigh. "Sore as hell, but better than when it first happened."

You looked around for a moment, before grabbing some bandages that were on the counter, setting them on the table. "Stay here, I'll be right back." You said with a hum, heading into the bathroom.