13

Soon the three of you had made it in through the roof, surprisingly the guards were easier to take down than you thought.

You all stuck together for a bit just just get around the place, surprisingly it seemed like most of the guards were outside guarding the building.

"Okay.. you all have your phones, right?" Ted asked. "Our plan is to find Schlatt and get the hell out of here. Try your best not to cause a scene."

"Charlie," Ted continued on, adjusting his gun on his back, "You stay up here and check all the rooms that you can. If you finish up here keep going down a few floors." He said softly, before looking at you. "Y/N, you cover the middle floors, and I'll get the bottom floors."

Though you gave a small nod, you looked at the two and gave a small frown. "Are you sure we should split up..?"

"As sure as I'll ever be. We'll be in the same building. Plus, I think we're all pretty skilled. If we can sneak around and stay quiet, we should have it under control." Ted said with a sigh, before looking at Charlie. "Contact us if you find anything. Okay? Be careful."

After giving a not Charlie quickly walked off, which led you and Ted to walk the other direction, heading towards the stairs. "You're good with searching by yourself, right, Y/N?"

"Of course, Ted. Unless you're not and you wanna stay with me." You said teasingly, giving a small laugh.

He gave a soft chuckle and patted your shoulder for a moment, before looking forward as the two of you began walking down some steps. "I'll be fine as long as you are. And like I said to Charlie, contact us if something happens, okay?"

Giving a nod you looked up at the man. "I will, don't worry." You smiled, the two of you soon stopping once you reached the floor you planned on searching. "You do the same, okay? And be careful, please."

Suddenly before you could say anything else Ted wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a hug. It felt nice in all honesty, you couldn't help but smile as you wrapped your arms around him too. It felt like it had been about a minute before he pulled away, but before he fully did, he leaned down and gave you a small kiss on your cheek.

The sudden act made you freeze and grow flustered for a moment, while Ted on the other hand just brushed past it at first, before growing flustered as well once he saw your reaction. "I'll.. uhm- see you in a bit, okay? Be careful." He said softly, before quickly walking off, heading down more stairs.

It surprised you a bit that Ted pulled such a bold move at a time like this, but you would have to question his thought process later. For now it was time to get on the floor and find Schlatt.

Opening the door to the seemingly long hallway almost felt like a challenge to you, like Ted suggested you tried to keep quiet but the door just speaked non-stop, eventually you just had to give up and shove it open.

Surprisingly, the hallway seemed pretty empty. No guards were in front of any doors, and a few wooden boxes rested against the wall here and there.

Getting to work you began checking the doors, jiggling handles as quietly as you could. Luckily most of the doors were unlocked, but sadly none of them had what you were looking for.

As you walked down the hallway, though, you began hearing a few faint noises. You rushed further a bit more, trying to listen in, only to hear what sounded to be arguing and some painful sounding yelps hear and there.

Quickly you hid behind a box and grabbing your gun, having a small feeling you knew what this was. As you made sure your gun was loaded, you listened in to the conversation, since it seemed to be more clear now.