29

Time with the drunken Ted had passed, which was mainly you watching as he stumbled around doing a bunch of dumb shit, while you just did your best to keep him contained in the room.

Like Schlatt had told you earlier, Ted tired himself out after about thirty minutes of his shenanigans. It happened so fast, too. One moment he was stumbling his way around the hotel, and the next he was on the floor, sound asleep.

It worried you at first just seeing him fall and hit the ground, but once he started snoring you figured he was fine. You even tried to drag him to bed but eventually just gave up and got him a pillow and blanket so he could sleep somewhat comfortably on the floor.

You even switched beds to stay close to him to make sure he would be okay. As you laid in bed, though, your phone began to ring. It was Schlatt.

"Hello?" You answered almost instantly. "How's Charlie doing? Is everything okay?"

He let out a small chuckle. "Relax, Y/N. I was just calling to check up on you." He said with a sigh. "Well, and also ask for a small favor. Do you think you'd wanna take my place at the hospital tonight?"

Hearing that confused you a bit. "I thought you wanted to stay with him tonight? Did something happen?"

Silence filled the call for a bit, you could tell Schlatt was thinking. ".. It's just- it's hard, Y/N. It's hard to see him like this.. and it's fine if you don't want to, but-"

Not even letting him finish, letting out a small sigh. "I'll be over there in a bit. Okay, Schlatt? You just have to promise to take care of Ted. He passed out and fell asleep in the floor." You said as you slowly got out of bed. "Start making your way over here and I'll head to the hospital. I'll call and keep you updated, okay?"

".. Thanks, Y/N." Schlatt said with a small chuckle. "I owe you one."

Shaking your head, you let out a sigh as you slipped your shoes and jacket on. "It's fine, Schlatt. I don't mind. Just get over here and keep an eye on Ted." You said softly. Before ending the call.

Making sure Ted was still sound asleep, you soon headed out of the hotel room, making sure to take your key with you.

The walk took about 15 minutes but soon you arrived at the hospital, checking in with the receptionist and heading to Charlie's room.

It was so quiet when you stepped into the room. The only noise was the beeping other sounds of the machines hooked up to Charlie. He was still out cold, it made you feel awful to just look at him.

You shut the door behind you and slowly grabbed a chair, moving it over to the side of Charlie's bed and sitting down. Reaching your hand up, you carefully placed it on his.

His skin was a bit cold, but not to the point where it was too concerning. You intertwined your fingers with his, your thumb carefully rubbing the top of his hand.

There were so many things you wanted to say to him in that moment. You wanted to talk to him. To tell him that you all had won. To tell him the others were doing okay. To tell him that you were there for him.

But you stayed quiet. Mainly for the fact you were afraid he wouldn't hear you.

All you really did was just sit there and hold his hand. It's all you felt like you could do.

And you sat there for almost and hour just holding his hand. It felt so sad, and even though the room was peaceful the atmosphere was still off.

Though, that atmosphere changed when Charlie's hand gripped onto yours.

"Charlie?!" You asked quickly, immediately sitting up in your chair, keeping your hand tightly gripped onto his.

A gasp escaped Charlie's lips as his eyes fluttered open, but soon his gaze met you. He was quiet for a moment, staring at you and squinting.