Chapter 1

"Good family background. Independence is my second name. Has stable job. Has a car. Allergic to all types of pets besides fish. Not a picky eater. Has an apartment. Lives alone. Never broken a bone. Healthy, not diagnosed with anything. Not married. Doesn't have kids. Can cook. Can do chores just not willing to be a house wife" The girl with a slick pony tail and a draping pearl earring placed her hand on a contract, sliding it towards the man opposite her "Most importantly, I'm rich"

Jin Xinyi, a woman in her 20s yet is the owner of one of the biggest, most successful mafia gangs in the country. 'Mafia gang' was the polite way to put it. What she owns shouldn't be called a gang, rather, an underground company. She was Code Red in a form of a person

Some people would call her the Mafia community's Joker, but most just call her rich.

It would be hard to say she was a normal child of Chinese immigrants because she simply wasn't. She was the first ever foreigner to make it this big in the Korean mafia industry. People feared her, not because of her fame or her riches, but for her undying love for death. Blood and skulls were just trophies to her.

Sitting opposite this particular girl was the man her father had set her up with. The girl was merely 22 but marriage seemed to be important in the eyes of the elderly. School, work, marriage, children, death; you know how it goes.

"Uhm" The man opposite him began to stutter "I'm here to find love"

She chuckled "Love. This nonexistent thing you speak of. The most trust worthy love you'll find is a contract"

"I uh..."

"Well then, good day to you too sir" She stood up and dragged her bag off the table, giving the stunned man a polite nod.

She entered the car waiting for her outside as she threw her bag across to her assistant and opted to throwing her heels away along with it.

"Where to now, miss?"

"Convenience store" She dusted herself off, applying a new layer of blood red lipstick.

"New report came in. A small gang requested-"

"Hold it" She lifted a hand to stop her assistant from talking "Who are our security guards?"

"Ja Daeho and Hyeon Myungki" The assistant replied without a seconds hesitation

"Fire them" She snapped closed her conditioner case "Take someone in the lowest rank in the Combat department for replacement"

"May I ask for the reason"

Xinyi couldn't help but let out a humorous chuckle "Now how did those petty and up-their-own-ass gangs even get close to sending a request?"

"They could've just call-"

"Say any more and I'll fire you too" She gave him a roll of an eye

"Sorry, Ma'am"

The car pulled up in front of the convenience store, her body sliding off the car with the familiar blue vest wrapping around her finger. She slid it on around her arms, bidding a careless goodbye to her assistant and entering the shop.

From a convenience store owner to the boss of the biggest mafia gang in Korea, she had a peculiar life style that only she could handle.

Leaning on the counter with a cigarette in mouth whilst rings being slid on and off her fingers, she blew a cloud of tobacco.

The bell of the convenience store rang, signalling that a customer had just entered. Angling her lips into an annoyed frown, she turned without a single lift of an eye.

She scanned the items, carelessly and roughly, sliding it back to the customer. She noticed something interesting on the finger that had caught the sliding objects: it had a small tattoo on it.

It was a swan, a tiny yet delicate and detailed outline of a swan.

She lifted an eye, glancing at the male in front of her. The male was polite, nodding a gentle goodbye and leaving with a calm expression painted across his lips.

She could not care less about what he looked like, but it was his tattoo that lured her in. It was no mafia tattoo, nor was it a tattoo that could be drawn so perfectly with human hands. It was like that single inked drawing carried its own essence

How peculiar

Renjun stepped onto a large spread of cloudy white, his eyes an unmoving stormy grey. His hair, a similar silver. His wings felt stiff; each feather ruffled into an almost unnerving fashion.

"Renjun" Someone called him, a male with a voice of dominance "Your next mission"

Renjun held in a groan, glancing at the piece of paper passed towards him.

"This one has murdered many, far more than any of our targets before. Be careful, you don't know what measures she will take the moment she's threatened"

"Taeyong relax, we cant die twice" Renjun laughed it off. Taeyong, who was also accompanied by a pair of majestic wings, looked unimpressed.

"I'm serious, she's dangerous. Once you've caught her soul, you are to immediately come back here. It's hard to say what you'll become if you keep her soul captured inside you for too long." Taeyong put his palm down against the table.

"Yeah yeah. I've done this endless times, you can trust me" Renjun rolled his eyes, not caring a single bit of Taeyongs warnings. Each warning held such weight yet the boy did not care enough to try and measure it.

"Take this" He put a ring into Renjun's palms. The ring was an elegant silver, a dove detailed into the band of sterling silver and little gems attached to spontaneous curves of the ring. It was so complicatedly detailed that it was more of a pencil artwork rather than a carved fragment of silver.

"You'll become human with this on. Whatever you do, don't lose it. If this ends up in the wrong hands, it can create some drastic ripples between our world"

"Yeah yeah whatever" He spun the ring around his finger as if it were a plastic hoop around his finger.

"Renjun" Taeyong warned. Renjun shot the ring up and caught it with one swipe of his hand "Calm down old man, the least that could happen is for me to break the barrier between the two worlds"

"You do not want to know the consequences of that"

"I'm trustworthy, I swear" He put his hands up in a surrender position "Ill catch her in no time, there's nothing to worry about"

"As I said, don't underestimate this one. She's smart. Whatever you do, don't reveal your identity."

"I was top of the grade back in high school" Renjun shrugged

"I know we're all Angels, but that does not give you any right to be any less careful"

"With that ring on, you'll feel the pain of a human. Once you're close to death as a human, that ring will disintegrate. Don't cause us trouble; we only have one of those" Taeyong tried to reason with the careless and nonchalant Renjun who seemed to have words come in one ear and out the other.

"I'll be fine" He rolled his eyes "See you in hell, suckers"

And left with one shove against the grand doors

tf is this, khyuan book without a prologue

people wanted fantasy and mafia so tada, here u go.

word count for this book will be 1200-1500

oki lezgetit