Chapter 33

"I swear to fuc-" Xinyi pointed her heels at Mireu who was yet again, bouncing around the room.

"No swearing in front of the kid, Xinyi" Renjun scolded

"I'm about to print a permanent shoe mark in his face and you'll be next" Xinyi hissed as she played a game of tag as Mireu would not give Xinyi back her wedding ring. He had stolen it off her while she took a rare nap, thinking it looked pretty.

"Renjun do something about your damn son" She was about to have her head blown off from Mireu's hysteric laughter and Renjun's mocking whistling.

"Come on, let him play with the ring for a bit" Renjun reached upwards and took a grasp of the girl's hand, preventing her from catapulting a shoe into the kid's face.

"But that ring-" She wasn't able to finish her sentence when was dragged down by Renjun to crash on the couch beside him.

"If he loses it, I'll just get you a new one" Renjun leant his head on her shoulder, rubbing his nose against her neck. Xinyi sucked her teeth in exasperation, trying to keep an eye on the child while also trying to rip Renjun off of her.

"I don't want you to get me a new one, I like that one" She groaned. Renjun opened his eyes and glanced up at her, pulling a pout in her direction. Xinyi looked down at him, rolling her eyes. This man was a human koala. They hadn't dated for long and Renjun had at least one limb attached to her every hour of the day. Not to mention the amount of times he's pulled both Xinyi and Mireu to do the dumbest, most childish games with him: rock, paper, scissors but it's fork, spoon, knife; you name it.

"Be nicer." Renjun's voice got quieter "Mireu got a mother's day gift for you"

"Doesn't change the fact that he stole my wedding ring from me" She scowled, completely dismissing the fact that mother's day was in a couple days and Mireu actually got her something.

"Hey Xinyi" Renjun poked her to catch her attention. She rotated her head around to look at him with raised eyebrows. Finally getting her attention, he beamed, straightening back up and placing his palm under hers.

"Mireu has a check-up later that might go for a few hours" Renjun grinned, slipping his fingers through hers. He glanced down at their hands, unable to control his smiley self at how their story had turned out to be. Him, an Angel forever stuck in their youth and her, a mafia gang leader who knew nothing but the taste of blood. Them, a couple who fought for love over the cruellest odds.

"I can tell your insinuating something" Xinyi glanced between the pair of shining eyes Renjun always had worn on him.

"A date?" He suggested whilst he leant closer to whisper in her ear.

She chuckled "How could you possibly know where to take someone like me on a date"

"Oh I know many things, Xinyi. I've explored more places than you can count. Plus, now that I've gotten rid of Taeyong, we can go anywhere for however long we want" He pulled away from her, dropping his head against the back of the couch

"You haven't gotten rid of him" She destroyed his smile as soon as it came. Renjun shrugged at her "Who cares. He cant do anything about me anymore" Then his eyes lit up like a thousand fireflies being let out of their cage "I know where to take you"

"And that place is?"

"Secret"

"I thought there were no secrets between husband and wife"

"Not if the secret is a surprise"

"Then is it a secret or a surprise"

"Both"