Chapter 7

"You do realise what you're doing right?" She pulled him further down by the collar. There it was again, the wave of chills that could make anyone believe they were in the middle of an iceberg. Renjun inhaled sharply.

She leant forward to whisper in his ear. "Satan with a halo still has a halo" Renjun, not being able to handle just how cold he felt, shoved her away and stood up, messily running a hand through his hair. Out of desperation to get warm again, he hugged himself with his arms and headed towards the door.

"What about our wedding, Renjun?" Xinyi crossed her legs over, walking over to the dinner table to take a sip of the red wine displayed dashingly beneath the dim candle chandelier.

Renjun exhaled with one deep breath and turned around, eyes slicing against her "Don't disturb me I'm staying inside the bedroom"

"I wouldn't want to even if you asked" She swirled the wine around, chuckling at the amusement. He was still the same old Renjun.

"Angels will always be angels: weak and useless" She sighed, letting the crimson liquid run down her throat.

Holding a bouquet of pearl white flowers just didn't seem to be doing the best for her mood right now. She was already having the worst of moods due to having to even attend this stupid 'celebration'.

Her hair felt glued and her face felt painted. The dress was like a glove against her body; a glove that was made out of itchy wool and sold off ebay for $2. Jewellery were hung across her body as if her fingers and limbs were the branches of an accessory stand. Her foot was forcefully shoved tightly in a heel, as her foot was two sizes too big for the petite slipper.

"Ma'am, the ring is on the table to your right. Would you like to have a look at it before it gets passed on to the broom?" One of the maids bowed, gesturing to the velvet box on the side. Xinyi nodded, her feet taking her dress along with her as she took the velvet box into her hand. It snapped open; inside was an hoop of obnoxious silver, an opal carved into the middle of the ring, different variations of diamonds branching from the middle. It was beautiful; but still nothing more than a ball of money in her eyes.

"It's alright" She handed it to the maid, who bowed and shuffled out the room.

As she glanced around the green room one last time, she noticed a shadow flock by her window. Angling her eyes, she immediately felt an itch in her stomach. Something seemed off. As soon as she took a step closer, a voice buzzed into her ear.

"In place, but Johnny and the back-ups are missing..." It was a gentle voice, a bit like the pollen from a flower.

Xinyi sighed in frustration, attempting to run a hand through her hair only to find out she was brushing her fingers through a thick, hair-sprayed bun with a shower of fake petals across every shining strand of black-green hair. One day out of impulse, Xinyi decided to dye her hair brown with a tint of murky green.

"It's alright. Stay in your place, Jungwoo" She whispered, pressing down on her earpiece.

"Ma'am, the ceremony's about to start" A maid opened the door, bowing her head down low. Xinyi sucked in a huge breath, brushing down the creases on her dress, and stepped out onto the carpeted corridor.

"May the ceremony begin" She pursed her coloured lips, and opened the grand doors.

The walkway showered with white flowers, complimented with balloons that stemmed from every table. Round tables littered across the venue, the area buzzing with sophistication. A big chandelier was hooked along the roof, a series of candles lighting the area with a romantic and gentle aura.